The new Jaded Faith line of modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaymzrock

Reaction score
I haven't seen much movement or anything on Rob's new modules. This needs to fix itself. Like now.

(An exerp from my 6550 review):

Seriously, if you haven't explored Rob's new line you are missing out. The more simplistic approach he took on the design, focusing more on performance than options...has really paid off in spades. I have the Hammerhead and now the 6550. They are easily the most impressive guitar tones I have ever had the pleasure to crank. I am actually inspired to write with these things, they are sincerely THAT good. And let's not forget the price point on them. Its insane! Cheaper definitely does not mean cheaper when it comes to this line.

Jaymzrock said:
I haven't seen much movement or anything on Rob's new modules. This needs to fix itself. Like now.

I have been holding off on singing my praises until I can do a proper demo but I've had the new OD2 for months now and the honeymoon phase is surely over. I still am blown away by the tone of it; it is the most satisfying module I've purchased to date.

I've had two JF Overdrive Specials previously and one was sent back to be update with the latest revision (so technically I've tried three versions). I really liked the old one because it was different from any other module but there was something I could never dial in or out with the mids (anyone who's had the older Overdrive Special knows what I'm talking about).

This new OD2 just sounds great without searching for the right settings; you plug it in and the tone is just there. I get great border of break up sweet tones all the way to full on screaming lead tones. I have a dual channel version and that's how I use it between the A and B channels.

I keep expecting that one day I'll play it and it just doesn't do it for me (like every other module at some point) but it always satisfies.

Highly recommended for fusion, blues, classic rock or even modern prog lead tones OR anything where dynamics, feel, sweet sound with amazing harmonic overtones are desired.