JJ Dirt vs Benzin

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxxstock

Reaction score
Hi guys!
Any opinions on these two modules?
Maybe someone of you has both?

a68ac3c1-bd51-4c4f-8db8-6fa2d85b18e0_zps1iqibipn.jpg
[/URL][/img]

47a4451a-a726-4899-93d3-939fdedc9546_zpscgqqfx0i.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Hi Matt, you are as always the best!
We are waiting for your clips ...

Max

I have the Benzin, and it's fantastic. Without tons of switches, it has a very wide variety of tones.
It's extremely thick, and has a looser feel than many high gainers.
In the Ch3 - mode, it's like a hot rodded plexi.
Ch3 + mode is very open and great for 90's hard rock.
Ch4 - mode is more compressed, can do great Metallica tones here.
Ch4 + mode is very high gain, much more so than expected. Thick, and VERY heavy.
One thing I will say us that even though it's definately in the Marshall camp, it doesn't have that British grit that you associate with those tones.
It's way more open and smooth, which may be a plus or minus for you.
Like most, I haven't played the JJ Dirt, but I can imagine the Benzin is heavier and slightly tigher. Both will cover very similar tones.

I have not tried either one but I will say that the JJ is on the top of my list, by a long way, for my next mod.

I need to sell a KH1 first to help offset the cost. I don't have any other module I am willing to move to make space for it.

Not sure how the Benzin compares to the Dzilla from JF but I don't think from what I have heard that the gain compares to the JJ Dirt. It seems like the JJ is more saturated whereas the Dzilla is organic and "open". Once again not sure how the Dzilla compares to the Benzin.