New proud owner of RM100M w/ 3 Lynch modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curtg

Reaction score
(Wasn't sure which forum to post this in)

Hello guys. I've been lurking around for the last week or so, reading through some of the recent discussions. This message board was a big deciding factor in my purchase of the RM100. I got lucky and found a great deal on Ebay (thanks Joe!!). The RM100M came with the Grail, Mr. Scary, and Super V modules. I got it today, and just finished putting it through it's paces...

All I can say is WOW. Not just WOW, but WOOOOOOW!

What a great tone box!! Really cool features too. The individual bias pots and protect fuses are such great features.

A quick bit of my history: Playing 24 years. Have about 10 amps now - Marshalls, Peavey 5150 II, Line6, ADA, Behringer, etc. Have recorded 5 CDs and played a little over 800 gigs in my career (mostly combinations of cover & original bands) since my first paying gig in 1986. I've never really been satisfied w/ my tone (who really ever is), although the 5150 II came close.

The RM100M IS my new amp. I've got an XTC module en route too. Can't wait to try it. More to follow I'm sure. They're like "31 flavors of the best ice cream." I have a degree in electronics and have tinkered w/ amps off an on for awhile. I know enough about them to properly bias them, swap components and do "simple" mods, although I don't get around to it much (no time).

Thanks in advance to everyone for their wealth of knowledge. Thanks to the folks at Randall for making such a kick-*** amp too! I play my first gig with it tomorrow night! I already know the soundman at that venue is gonna hate me. LOL

Welcome to the board! I will playing my RM100 live on Saturday night. Just re-tubed it today with a matched set of Winged C's EL34's as my previous Ruby tubes were well over a year old. XTC is my favorite module and I think you'll like that one when you get it. Mr. Scary is good too. I don't have the other Lynch modules yet but I did hear them at NAMM last winter and liked them. The one down side to this RM100 stuff is getting addicted to buying up more and more modules :D

congrats bro there is no denying thses amps sound %uckin amazing... Bruce is da man and Randall got them to us at a respectable price point.

Craig