Fryette Deliverance realisation (Salvation praise)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buriedorburned

Reaction score
So I've recently been playing with a Fryette Deliverance and it's a great amp. Earlier this year I owned a Sig X briefly, that while excellent, wasn't quite my tone.
I've wanted to try a D120 for years, it's highly regarded and had that aggressive Marshall flavor I love, with enough of Fryette's own tone to make it stand out. I honestly thought it might be my holy grail, I love it's versatility and sheer brutality. That said, as with all Fryette products, it is a bit stiff for my liking and in the end that will be the downfall for me.

Now comes the "but". I have to be totally honest about this. As with a lot of amps I play, one thing always stands out. I play them, I'm impressed by their tone (be it a Mesa, Marshall, Bogner, Soldano or whatever), but ultimately all I can think is "Salvation can build me this easy".

I've owned several Engl's, his Angel nailed it. I've owned a Soldano HR+, his Salvado surpassed it. The Benzin was about as Diezel as modules can honestly get. The Legend was a Steve Vai Carvin, and the Camerock may be one of the best musician products of the last decade.

I just thought it had to be said.

I like all of the modders work but for some reason, the JF and SG mods fit me better than the Salvo mods. Maybe because I started with those and my ears are tuned to them.

I really like the Salvo mods and should keep at least one on hand. The JJ dirt is way up on my list to try.

That wasn't meant to be a slight against any other modder, I just have way more experience with Salvation mods than any other. I've played mods by other modders too, and have loved my experiences.
I'm sure other members on here can attest to similar feelings regarding any of the modders.

This one was written from me, in particular about Salvation mods, as I have found that his mods have accurately replicate the flavors of amps I have been looking for.

For example, from my experience with his mods, I know that if I decide my next mod is going to be a Spawn, I'm confident it's going to accurately give me the tone of a Splawn Quick Rod.
The same way I know that the Fryette D120 is great, but if I ask him to make me a Terrier voiced more towards a Deliverance amp, I'm confident he will deliver.

It's not against anyone else, it's praise for his great work.

The Terrier is what made me buy my Pitbull CL100. The terrier is one of Salvo's best mods and is often overlooked. I can't recommend it enough :)

buriedorburned said:
That wasn't meant to be a slight against any other modder, I just have way more experience with Salvation mods than any other.

I didn't take anything you said as negative to anyone and I hope my comment wasn't taken that way as well. Most of my experience simply lies in another camp.

The Mashall+ I had was one of my favorite modded Marshall tones. The Jose sound on that thing was sweet and I should have kept it.

No, not at all. I just don't want to step on anyone's toes. I just had to write it as I felt it.
It's a great thing that a modder can make me turn away from high end amps the way he has.
I've got a Spawn mod coming, and I'll known pretty quick whether that will hold me, or the Camerock is really what I'm after.

I think it's totally cool to say you really like a particular modder's work. it's about how well something works for you. I happen to really like Salvation, too

I think it's safe to say that Salvo attempts to get the reproduced circuit to sound like the amp as much as he can....and JF does some of that but also likes to put his own thing into it

Just wait till the Brand name mods (pre's) hit the market. dirt will fly all over the place.

For instance, Supro will be making a pre. There are many of us who have a Salvo or JF version. I know I'm curious and if i get a Supro branded one I'll be the first to openly compare.

And the Bogner....? watch out The Bogner mods from all three are very highly regarded. we'll see what Reinhold has to say....

I've gone a bit off topic but it's exciting stuff what's about to happen

I have to be honest and say that the upcoming Synergy line doesn't have me GAS'ing at all. It sounds great and I'll be interested when it comes out, but I have found that Salvation (in particular) faithfully replicates all the preamps I need, and in many cases improves upon them.
For example, the both the Pit Viper prototype and Mamba I've played, I consider to be tonal improvements upon the Framus Cobra I used to play. Infact I'm confident I could say that for many of his mods, if I had the chance to A/B them against their counterparts.