M4 losing sound after 10minutes or so

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorbz62

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just a quick question. My M4 is connected to a Switchblade 8F, together with an Eventide Eclipse and out to a poweramp. It sound sawesome.

What happens is that it is working well and after a while the sound goes and evetually all I get is a very quiet fizz. None of the volumes work on the M4 except the master volume which only increases this noise.

I haven't changed any tubes yet but what do you think?

Cheers,
Jim

Change the tubes for sure but last M4 I had this happened too had a poor wire joint and cracked solder joint where the input board went to the tube board. When the amp warmed up, the sound cut out.

There's a 3 or 4 wire header assembly that you need to check (from memory)

Try the input at the rear off the amp if it has one (can't recall...I might be thinking of the RM4) in my case that one was working, I think it's on a different wire loom

JKD said:
Change the tubes for sure but last M4 I had this happened too had a poor wire joint and cracked solder joint where the input board went to the tube board. When the amp warmed up, the sound cut out.

There's a 3 or 4 wire header assembly that you need to check (from memory)

Try the input at the rear off the amp if it has one (can't recall...I might be thinking of the RM4) in my case that one was working, I think it's on a different wire loom

Perfect advice...Check/Replace Tubes. Also clean tube sockets and inputs with deoxit too...It sure doesn't hurt and even if it doesn't involve your issues now, it will help you avoid them in the future...

Just curious, what happens when the M4 fizzes out and you slam it with a loud signal? Does it jump back to life?

Hi Matt!

I am away from home for a couple of weeks but will do all that when I get back.

Btw: I am in Canada and want to buy more modules - what do you have in stock? I have some donor modules (original single channel Eggies) that I could send for modding.

Cheers,
Jim

Sorbz62 said:
Hi Matt!

I am away from home for a couple of weeks but will do all that when I get back.

Btw: I am in Canada and want to buy more modules - what do you have in stock? I have some donor modules (original single channel Eggies) that I could send for modding.

Cheers,
Jim

Hey Jim,

Our site is open to preorders of any mods....We do have some in stock but it changes regularly...Right now, I know we have Rockmods cause I have an extra one in my studio. Any Salvation mod can be receive within about a 3 week window. Our site will be accommodating all Salvation Mods for order...

Thanks!