Gilmour tone

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atrosion

Reaction score
I know David made the Hi-Watt DR 103 famous, but I have heard he played Twin's in the studio. Any Floyd tone chasers care to share what pickups, pedals, mods, power amps and cabs helped them capture the essence of Dave's tone.

atrosion said:
Oh my. That video rocks! I want all those tones. C-Watt it is. Did cab and power amp seem to matter much?

Thanks. Every cab and power amp I have sounds terrific with C-Watt...

On a side note, you will soon be able to order your C-Watt through MotorCity Mods (We're US Salvation Mods distributor) and get it quick!

Let me know if we can be of assistance in this matter.

Cheers,
Fig

Very cool! I got in to MTS because of Salvation Mods... But I hate the idea of money going to shipping and customs (middle-men not so much!) so I have only been able to acquire one off eBay in 2+ years. Looking forward to getting 3 more to fill my RM4.

For David Gilmour sound's I mostly use the Egnater Bman(clean) with fuzz or Tube OD or both at the same time for the lead sounds. I have tested the various Twin modules for this based on the fact that he sometimes use those but I can't manage to dial in his sounds on those. It is especially the low frequencies that don't seem to come through on twin modules. With my B-Man's I can do everything from Comfortably numb to Sorrow with ease.

I also have two C-Watts (one dual) and I love them. I have tested the clean channel on those for the Gilmour sounds and they are great (similar to the B-Man with regards to frequencies). You can't go wrong with the C-Watt.

I am a SG fan so I use a standard SG w/ standard P/U and a custom SG w/ Billy F Gibbons Banger P/U from Cream-T.

EFX is: Tubedriver from BK-Butler or a TD-X from Buffalo FX. For fuzz I use Buffalo FX Patriot, Evolution or Rams Head Fuzz. I also have the G-2 from Pete Cornish but I am selling it since the Buffalo pedals covers it with ease and are much cheaper.

For amps and cabs, see the signature.

I'm not taking advice from anyone with only 45 modules and all the Gilmourish pedals... :)

Tough decision... It seems people can get David's tone out of any amp (Brit Floyd had a Carvin)... But I need my brain to tell me I've got all the right stuff before I will give it proper effort.

I bought 2 amps off Craigslist for no apparent reason this week and felt like a true badass... I establish dominance over my wife with gear purchases. She's a good sport, but no way is she 45 modules, cool.

Looked at the youtube again and for sure I will be looking for a C-Watt.

Anybody any comment how it compares to other Hi-watt modules?

I thought Jaded Faith also use to make a Hi-Watt module

http://www.jadedfaithmods.com/hw-103.html