Matchvox module KILLING IT in the studio

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although I like the stereo effect (doubled) on the vocals, sometimes it's nice to appreciate a strong single vocal track when the performance is delivered right. I guess to me it makes it feel more direct or raw?

Fun tune nonetheless!

j4q0 said:
Although I like the stereo effect (doubled) on the vocals, sometimes it's nice to appreciate a strong single vocal track when the performance is delivered right. I guess to me it makes it feel more direct or raw?

Fun tune nonetheless!

Thanks for listening and commenting....Yeah, these days there's so many tracks available I just tend to double vocals. Perhaps the next one I do will just have a single to mix things up. Thanks much!

maxxstock said:
It sounds great, Matt!

Thanks maxxstock...This song took forever to record...We had several solos and finally tonight found one that matched the song....Chuck Berry gets a hearty nod on this one too...Matchvox gets those tones and then some so easily...

Thank you for listening!

I think it's really cool.
I love the double vocal on this one.
It creates a cool vibe. They need to be a little louder though.
The drums could use a little verb and the bass needs some
punch to cut through. I can barely hear it.
Other than that you're golden!

audiomidijace said:
I think it's really cool.
I love the double vocal on this one.
It creates a cool vibe. They need to be a little louder though.
The drums could use a little verb and the bass needs some
punch to cut through. I can barely hear it.
Other than that you're golden!

Thanks jace for the help!

Hey Fig, for the style of music you play, you have a great voice man. I dig your vocal performances and mix.

I know I am a bit late for commenting, but:

I loved your guitar sound. This is exactly the reason that I considered buying a matchless combo (until I learned abt the price of course)

robert said:
I know I am a bit late for commenting, but:

I loved your guitar sound. This is exactly the reason that I considered buying a matchless combo (until I learned abt the price of course)

Thanks much robert! The Matchvox is an amazing module that delivers such good Matchless and Vox tone...I use mine a lot when I need a cleanish sound that rocks!

withmittens said:
Matt, what tubes do you use with the Matchvox? I run 6l6 and could never get a vox mod to sound like that.

Sorry, just saw this....The Matchvox mod has Gold Lion 12AX7s and the RM20 combo I used has standard EL84s...Nothing fancy, just the right tools....Should mention that the guitar I used is a SemiHollowbody P90-equipped machine...

I find the best tone outta the Matchvox is with EL84s and I say that as one who does not love small power tubes usually....