Jaded Faith Voxless Demo (Brian May and Brad Paisley tones)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikegyver

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roHWrIzObzc

Check it out guys, did a quick demo of a dual Voxless last night. Tried to remember the Queen riffs I used to play, did an ok job, haha. Played a little early Brad Paisley type stuff too, messed around a bunch at the end.

Module does a great job of getting the real Vox AC30 sounds, I hope it helps anyone possibly interested in a Voxless when chasing the classic Queen rock n roll or Brad Paisley type country tones.

Sounds great! We will rock you was the part I liked the most :)
Pardon my ignorance, what is that box hanging from the input of the amp?
Curious, what guitar are you using?

Yeah I kinda messed up the we will rock you part, but the goal was to show the tone so whatever.

The guitar and 'box' thing I used are key to get that Queen tone. The guitar is a G&L strat with Adeson Trisonic pickups (replicas of the original pickups Brian May uses) that are wired in Brian May style (3 switches, 3 phases). The 'box' is a treble booster (the brand I use is close to a replica of the vintage one brian may used too) called the Fireplace Classic by Covington pedals I think.

Treble booster adds a little signal/OD/balls to the signal for a little more gain and adds a little high end magic to the tone (because the original AC30s were dark sounding). The pickups played in most of the Queen parts were: all 3 pickups on, with neck out of phase. That gives it the right character, slightly nasal with unique harmonic content.

All the parts together plus a celestion blue (preferred) or greenback make up the magic sauce that is the Queen tone.

This is why most guys plug into a Vox Amp or Vox module with their Les Paul and try to play Queen riffs and don't sound good or 'right'.

Thanks for the listen though, glad you got something out of it

Nice tone and showing of of the module.

I had one question though: if you try this at higher volumes isn't it a bit too sharp?

I had one question though: if you try this at higher volumes isn't it a bit too sharp?

Sharp? Sharp meaning piercing/highs too loud/trebly? Not really. True that more highs are emphasized with speakers as they get louder, but i compensate with turning the highs way down and adjusting the density/presence as needed. I think I kept the presence almost all the way down for this. I got out of MTS for now so I can't check, will get back into it once the synergy stuff gets moving.