GSP surprising me...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isolated1523

Reaction score
Normally I only use my GSP1101 for effects with my RM4/RT250, but since my RM4 is out for repair, I figured I'd give the preamp mods a try straight into the RT250.

I'll be honest, I think it sounds just as good as my RM4. I created a couple patches of my own and I'm not sure I could tell the difference if the two were side by side. I dunno if it's just the RT2/50, my avatar cab, or everything combined...but between my RM4 failing at a gig this weekend and the sound I'm getting from the GSP, I'm thinkin the RM4 might be regulated to house duty.

Anyone else had success with actually using the GSP (or G major) through just the power section with good results?

-Adam

I use a RP1000 and believe that I could get some good sounds with the gain models if I took the time.

I hate rolling through menus so in the years that I have had the RP, I have not taken the time after the initial 4CM set up to use a simple few effects I kick in every now and then.

I gigged for almost 5 years with nothing but a GSP1101 straight into the board and monitored with IEM's. GSP, wireless and a Rocktron rack interface in a 4 space rack bag. Quick, easy setup and sounds good.

I can get my GSP or my RP1000 to sound great. They never did feel right though. I like having them as a back up. My RM4 went down at a rehearsal and with the models on the digitech devices, I was up and running in no time

Latest posts