Presence pots on modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
I'm making a video showing off the usefulness of the presence pot on mods....Was hoping to collect a few thoughts on it here...

Do any of you guys have them on your mods? If so, do you find it useful?

I am a 100 Percent believer that they make a HUGE difference in dialing in mods between different setups...My RM1250 is much brighter than some of my RM100s and the Presence pot helps me keep my settings the same and get the same tone simply by one small adjustment...

We will be offering this upgrade on Salvation Mods (where available, some mods have too much else going on internally to fit but most can accommodate it) for a nominal fee...

I have them a few of my mods. Yes, I find it useful. That said, generally, I can deal with the setting using the amp presence pot.

My Boogie VTwin rack has a super useful presence knob as well as EQ. It's interactive tone section is dang cool.

A lot don't care for the VTwin but a lot do (the clean isn't what brings it's milkshake to the yard though.)

That and my chromed 20/20 power amp are still in great shape.

The mods I have don't have a presence control and I always end up changing a bit here and there the presence on the amp, I do think having a presence knob on the mods would be very useful.

A presence control on a tube preamp is a different thing than a presence control on a full tube amp or a tube power amp (which is part of the negative feedback loop in the power section).

I don't have any preamps mods with a preamp presence control, though "if it sounds good it is good".

Happy T_Day!

Agreed, I had Rob school me on presence controls and afterwards I did some reading on it.
What I'm talking about is a "upper treble" knob if you can call it that.
It's been several years since I played live with loud amps, so now that I grabbed the guitar again and I'm playing in my basement I'm rediscovering how much the perceived sound changes when you get loud, at which point the presence control in my amp stays on one spot regardless of the mod.