What would be your pick for the third slot in my RM100?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpitfireMusic

Reaction score
I have several donor modules on hand. Currently my only modded module is a Twox.

I am definitely going to pull the trigger on a Z Rx for that voxy/Marshall type of vibe that will work great for county, blues and classic rock.

I am thinking of selling the Twox and doing a 5F6 module since I own an actual Vox AC30 and have no intentions of letting that amp go. The Twox to me seems redundant. I am hoping Rob can give me a toggle switch that can change from that 5f6 circuit to a more twin/vibrolux style clean tone think black or silver face fender. Plus I figure that 5f6 can prob do some great blues-rock tones in addition to just a great clean.

So that leaves me with one empty slot. Part of me could say any number of things RVerb, XTC, Cheifton, Superpro just a lot of really awesome mods. I'd love to nail a live at Leeds sound but I don't see anything that really captures it well enough in the MTS world. I have tried the salvo C watt and while a cool module that one really worked better for cleaner Hiwatt like gilmour or when pushed tended to go to the thicker Jimmy page side of Hiwatt. It might not be bad for me to have something that can do some higher gain since the other two modules will be clean to mid gain. I guess I tend to prefer vintage tones or modern with vintage roots hence my Dr Z love.

I do a lot of styles but don't typically get too heavy I guess I do mostly clean to mid gain. Blues, rock, folk, surf, rockabilly some country etc would summarize most of what I play.

I have not finalized my speaker selection or power tubes for the combo yet but I'm leaning toward WGS Blackhawk alnico and Reaper HP I like the price, reviews (many prefer to celestion, eminence, Weber etc) and the fact that they are built in Kentucky. Which is a state away from me in Ohio. For tubes KT66 and KT77 are at the top of my list unsure if I'll do pair of each blended or a quartet of one type.

But yeah if anyone cares Id love to hear your thoughts.

SpitfireMusic said:
I am definitely going to pull the trigger on a Z Rx for that voxy/Marshall type of vibe that will work great for county, blues and classic rock.

(seems like a solid choice, seems like a great pedal platform mod)

I own an actual Vox AC30 and have no intentions of letting that amp go. The Twox to me seems redundant.

(I don;t think anyone has a real Vox mod. I've tried a few but they do not sound like a vox. the closest i got was with a a certain speaker choice. but when i got my Vox setup, none of the other mods sounded right)

I have tried the salvo C watt and while a cool module that one really worked better for cleaner Hiwatt like gilmour or when pushed tended to go to the thicker Jimmy page side of Hiwatt.

(The trick is to turn the gain low, just to crunch and the eq right, then turn your amp really really loud. there is no substitute for that Hiwatt Eq curve, a touch of gain and massive air. it just isn't going to happen without lots of volume. the root of the sound is clarity and a touch of gain, then the volume)

I do a lot of styles but don't typically get too heavy I guess I do mostly clean to mid gain. Blues, rock, folk, surf, rockabilly some country etc would summarize most of what I play.

(the key to any of these sounds is low gain, high volume. near feedback and alter the volume with your picking attack and various muting styles)

there's my pennies