My newest song with Matchvox, Graphic and Selma modules...

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
https://soundcloud.com/mattfig/bigger-me-by-matt-fig

Would appreciate any feedback....I'm still overdubbing a bit and mixing....

The Matchvox just follows the acoustic...The little lead is is the graphic and the bass is Selma...

MAtt, Great tones and I love the tune!
The Vox tone is spot on....real chimey and all.
What is the Selma mod tht you used on bass? I don't think I know that one.
If you want a comment on this, I would maybe pull the acoustic tracks back a little when the Vox comes in. Smae during the solo as it tended to distract my ears from the other instruments.

ricky said:
MAtt, Great tones and I love the tune!
The Vox tone is spot on....real chimey and all.
What is the Selma mod tht you used on bass? I don't think I know that one.
If you want a comment on this, I would maybe pull the acoustic tracks back a little when the Vox comes in. Smae during the solo as it tended to distract my ears from the other instruments.

THANKS RICKY! Very useful comments sir...

The Selma is a mod Tony did for Billy Corgan of his 60s Selmer amp that has a bass input...The mod does too...:) But not to worry, Salvation is considering a full time bass mod!

Hi Matt!
Very nice song, somehow both uplifting and melancholic aswell. I'd consider the drum mix perhaps a bit too far in the background (the snare tends to become a bit buried/small in the mix) perhaps a bit more body (200'ish) to the snare would help :) The background vocals (2nd vocals), end up clouding the main vocal a bit either due to the relative levels, og through the usage of EQ that sounds too close to the main vocals EQ, I really enjoy both the main vocal and the backing vocals, but in the relative mix I have a hard time focusing the main melody due to the relatively high backing vocals.
These are all generally speaking mix-things and as you write, this is still work in progress, but I really like the song and you have some very cool vocalideas, and the song is definitely very good.
Best regards
Christian