The Jace NAMM Synergy report

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any status when there might be some descent sound clips, the only ones i've heard were the iPhone ones that were quite muffled.

Will this stuff be sold in stores, or direct from manufacturer only? i.e. will we have somewhere to try them like back in the Randall days?

chrismilne said:
Will this stuff be sold in stores, or direct from manufacturer only? i.e. will we have somewhere to try them like back in the Randall days?

I think Bruce said in another thread that it will be direct and through select dealers for now.

There are two new clips on their facebook page, one showing a few modules although they don't say which are which (i was trying to see if the first module he's playing was a BE or the SLO). The other video has a lot of discussion about the hardware.

Still hoping for some clips, per module mic'ed (not though a phone or camera mic). I'd also like to hear the direct out cabinet simulator.

chrismilne said:
There are two new clips on their facebook page, one showing a few modules although they don't say which are which (i was trying to see if the first module he's playing was a BE or the SLO). The other video has a lot of discussion about the hardware.

Still hoping for some clips, per module mic'ed (not though a phone or camera mic). I'd also like to hear the direct out cabinet simulator.

SLO then HBE then Morgan AC

I can't wait for these to come out. They sound great in the videos. I hope Friedman does a Butterslax mod too. That amp sounding pretty sick at NAMM. Thanks for the reviews Jace!

webrthomson said:
chrismilne said:

Hmm, thats odd, i've been waiting for the BE at the top of my list because I love the amp (I even like the few clips of his new OD pedal version), and I thought the HBE was even more gain, but that clip it seemed like low gain and no bass at all. I would have guessed the SLO was the Friedman module. I like that one, but probably very similar to my Salvado Deluxe

chrismilne said:
webrthomson said:
chrismilne said:

Hmm, thats odd, i've been waiting for the BE at the top of my list because I love the amp (I even like the few clips of his new OD pedal version), and I thought the HBE was even more gain, but that clip it seemed like low gain and no bass at all. I would have guessed the SLO was the Friedman module. I like that one, but probably very similar to my Salvado Deluxe

Yeah the modules look set pretty similar to each other (the SLO and the HBE) - he's on channel B of the SLO and channel A of the HBE, traditionally on the duals the B channel has more grunt (not sure that is the case on the Synergy modules tho).

Also when he's playing the HBE it's much further up the neck of the guitar and you can hear when he palm mutes there's plenty of bass chunk I just think its not really getting picked up on the mic of whatever they are filming on.

Honestly we need some properly mic'ed up examples, which are not recorded on either hand held or iPhones. That said it sounds pretty good with just an ambient mic on a camera for my money I think these are shaping up to be pretty exciting.