Which module takes pedals the best?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.air

Reaction score
Hi all MTS guys (and girls if any).

I'm interested in some oppinions about which module you find the best platform for pedals. By pedals I primarily mean dirt boxes, but any pedal type can be included and since I'm mostly interested in drive I'm thinking in the line of mods that do cleans.

I have experience with Egnater T/D, Bman, VX and SG MK22. To me the D side of the T/D and the clean channel of the Bman are the best for drive pedals. The D has a more open less compressed tone while the Bman is darker, more compressed and gives a harder drive character. I think for me the ideal clean for dirt boxes would be a mix between these two modules. I really dig the Bman as I love the clean channel and the crunch channel is very good as well. Only downside is the way it takes pedals which is not bad, but I would like something a little different.

I'm looking foreward to your answers.

out of my mods the Duoplex seems to take dirt the best. Since it's not a modded marshall type mod but basically a Plexi/JCM800, it has a great cleanish base with nice organic crunch. This allows for dirt pedals to drive it very well and if you choose an amp in the box type pedal, the duo will easily take on the colors of that box. the tone sweeps on the Duo are very responsive and allow for lots of variations to be set for dirt

also C-Watt takes pedals well as this can be set to clean or crunch and it doesn't get flubby with OD because it's all about clarity

withmittens said:
out of my mods the Duoplex seems to take dirt the best. Since it's not a modded marshall type mod but basically a Plexi/JCM800, it has a great cleanish base with nice organic crunch. This allows for dirt pedals to drive it very well and if you choose an amp in the box type pedal, the duo will easily take on the colors of that box. the tone sweeps on the Duo are very responsive and allow for lots of variations to be set for dirt

also C-Watt takes pedals well as this can be set to clean or crunch and it doesn't get flubby with OD because it's all about clarity

Forgot about CWatt....That one gets a vote from me too! :) It LOVES pedals...

Of all the modules I've tried (many), the JF Vybe Deluxe takes pedals by far the best. It has awesome spanky, thick cleans as it is (in Vybe mode), hit it with a TS/OD for some thick, complex low to mid gain, and hit it really hard and it can get into metal territory very easily. Some nice marshally grind/crunch too. All depends on what you hit it with and how hard. It never falls apart or gets thin, as the module has massive bottom end on tap.

The most amazing thing about it is how it handles big reverbs, delays, etc in front. I can completely saturate it with reverb & delay for huge spacey sounds, and it handles it literally perfectly, straight into the front! I hate using the loop on my RM, so the Vybe is my go to for any significant FX. For instance, I have one patch (using multi fx unit for fx and external TC Nova Drive, Klon type TS/OD & Black Arts fuzz) that is completely saturated in delay & reverb, but also with a full on OD from the 'Klon' AND thick nasty fuzz. It sounds awesome and holds together almost as good as if the FX were added post production. Amazing really... I def recommend!

What about the stock Clean by Randall?
I think it can tend to be a little dark on it's own, but that can be a positive for taking the shrill off of some of the high gain pedals out there! Mine loves any dirt pedal I throw at it...low gain Luther Drive sounds killer and it also takes my Boss Heavy Metal with ease as well! Let alone that the stock clean can be found pretty cheap!