• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS - Salvation Mods Duoplex - SOLD!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corium_AZ

Reaction score
Selling my SM Duoplex. Awesome Marshall mod - cleanish to mean, fat, bright, cutting Marshall goodness!

Asking $320, PP gift, shipped USPS Priority CONUS.

Not looking for any trades. Happy with my collection at the moment...

Listed on the FB page, Reverb & eBay, so if you want this, jump on it, cuz it will go very quickly!

******, sold in less than 15min! Shoulda charged $375! lol

See pics here: https://reverb.com/item/2163588-salvation-mods-duoplex-mts-module-randall-egnater-modded

blacksun said:
Wow that was quick! What did you not like about it that made you sell it?

I didn't really dislike anything about it really. It really is a great sounding module! It's just that I recently acquired a Mash-oldano, with the hopes that it could sound very similar to the Duoplex in 'Jcm800 mode', while also giving the options of higher gain & metal tones. And, it delivered for sure. I can get very similar cleanish/low/mid gain tones (which are what I use 90% of the time) but with the added flexibility of the 'hot 800', soldano and on my module a recto voicing. Nice to have the options without needing another module.

I will say, that the Duoplex does have its own character. It's got a 'vintage' sound and feel the mash-oldano just doesn't. Especially when using the JTM voicing. I do wish the mash-oldano had the same thing, but in a full band setting, those nuances get absorbed by the mix & really wasn't worth it to me to keep just for that. If I were a lead guitarist, or the sole guitarist, or in a less 'wall of guitar sound' band, then I'd have prolly kept it!

Hope that helps. In the end, I wholeheartedly recommend the Duoplex for anyone looking for Plexi/JTM flavor. It's a great mod!