RM100/RM4 Midi Guide

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exoticwood said:
Has Egnater made a Midi add on product that allows you to use more modules and just the three inside Randall head? I'm not sure if the RM4 would suffice,
But I'm looking for a rack mountable product that would allow me to use five or seven modules at once, and of course switch them through a midi device.
Please let me know, thank you.

Yes, the RM4/M4's are your only real option. Well, there are RM12's & even RM24's floating around out there (holding 12 & 24 modules each, respectively). And, if you want to run multiple mods simultaneously, you'll need several RM4's to do that. They are all midi controlled as well. The ever elusive and still not yet produced E2 would likely be more what it sounds like your looking for...

I posted this on another thread but thought this is the correct place so here it is again.
ZlR2TIA.png

Hi,
I bought a old Boss GT3 for use with my eleven rack. Figured I'd plug it into my RM4 to see if it would work and it did! Just plugging the midi out from the boss to the midi in of the RM4 and I was able to change through the channels.

Hi i have just bought a Behringer fcb1010 midi footswitch, i'm an complete idiot when coming to midi setting, is there any possibility that someone can help me step by step on how to setup the footswitch just to change the channel? thanks

oh and my amp is Randall RM100

1. Set both units in the same midi channel.
2. Preset 1 of the FCB will be channel 1 on the head, preset 2 will be channel 2 and preset 3 will be channel 3.

If you want to associate a particular channel of the head to a particular preset on the FCB:
1. First select the channel on the head via the channel selector button on the head
2. Press the desired preset on the FCB
3. PRESS AND HOLD for one second the channel select button on the head, this will "associate" both the channel on the head and the preset on the midi controller.
4. Repeat for any other preset you might want to create.

Let us know if you got it working.

j4q0 said:
2. Preset 1 of the FCB will be channel 1 on the head, preset 2 will be channel 2 and preset 3 will be channel 3.

If you want to associate a particular channel of the head to a particular preset on the FCB:
1. First select the channel on the head via the channel selector button on the head
3. PRESS AND HOLD for one second the channel select button on the head, this will "associate" both the channel on the head and the preset on the midi controller.

Hi

Thanks a lot, ill try it later

what ive done soo far

1. set the Randall DIP to all off which means channel 16 and set the FCB1010 by pressing and holding down button while switchin on the FS, set the button 1 to 16

2. Using the 5 PIN midi out from the pedal and IN at the Randall RM100

ill try the preset later cause i set the pedal manually

Thankss

j4q0 said:

still no luck, well just wondering beside from the dip switch at the amp there are another 2 switch located on the same board, mine is in off position (the indication is only 1,2)

so if the board do works at the preset 1,i assume pressing the up button once, the pedal will automatically assign switch 1 to the channel 1 of the amp?

i just need to confirm to set the footswitch to channel 16 is by pressing down while firing the pedal,and then press pedal 1 on the midi function and press pedal 1 and 6 for 16 then press up again to the midi channel and last press and hold the down button till it enters the preset mode, right?

From what you're describing you have not set the FCB to MIDI channel 16 yet and this is preventing both units from talking to each other.

I'm not familiar with the FCB to be honest.
I would suggest doing a factory reset on the FCB and start from there.
If you have both units set to MIDI channel 16 you shouldn't have a problem unless there is an issue with the firmware on the FCB of the MIDI board on the Randall head.

j4q0 said:
From what you're describing you have not set the FCB to MIDI channel 16 yet and this is preventing both units from talking to each other.

I'm not familiar with the FCB to be honest.
I would suggest doing a factory reset on the FCB and start from there.
If you have both units set to MIDI channel 16 you shouldn't have a problem unless there is an issue with the firmware on the FCB of the MIDI board on the Randall head.

ok thanks

ok so at last i got it

here are the steps to connect the Behringer FCB1010 to Randall RM100 for those of you who can't manage to get the channel switching

1. Open the chassis find the DIP switch near the midi in and thru board, put the 4 switch to off position (channel 16) , there are another switch located near the MIDI IN slot (2 switch) check if its on the ON position, it must be ON

2. Reset the Behringer pedal to factory setting by pressing button 6 and 1 while powering the pedal,just hold it, there will be digit 9 counting down to 0, and youre back to factory mode

3. the factory mode usually already in channel 16 at least mine do, so if you want to check the midi channel just got to global configuration by holding the down button while powering the pedal, press up untill the green LED got into the midi function, press the pedal 1 and press up to the midi channel (green light will guide you) check the value it should be 16, pressing and holding down button will get you to the preset mode.

4. go to the preset 1, for some reason my pedal 1 dont want to be assign to channel 1 so i start from 2, press the button 2 till the red light is on, go to the amp and press and hold the channel selection button while it is on channel 1 (if you want to assign pedal 2 to channel 1), just do the same for all the channel

this is the way that i do it hope it helps

A reason why preset 1 on the FCB won't select a channel on the Randall might be that the FCB is transmitting program change numbers from 0-127 and the Randall receives program changes number 1-128.
I remember seeing this issue between an ART X-15 foot controller and a POD Pro.

j4q0 said:
A reason why preset 1 on the FCB won't select a channel on the Randall might be that the FCB is transmitting program change numbers from 0-127 and the Randall receives program changes number 1-128.

this is frustrating for some reason after i assemble everything its just not working again

msuwendy said:
j4q0 said:

this is frustrating for some reason after i assemble everything its just not working again

now i need another help, so it connected again by eventually several factory reset on the pedal and switching the dip switch again and again, and suddenly it is connected, restart the footswitch and still working yayyyy, reality strucks when i shut down the amp and power it up again, it didnt recognize the footswitch again and no matter what i did seems its not working, i give up for today

anybody have this experience?