SL+= SL2, SL.. or?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

king tone

Reaction score
I recently picked up an egnater module that is named SL+ from a member on this forum. I am trying to find out more about it...it was listed as the same as SL2 but it also has a mid boost switch. I was not aware of a dual module that was like this, I think the seller may have said Bruce added the mid switch after the fact but it may have come like that, at the moment I forget. It seems to be a lot brighter tone than the regular SL2 I had a few years ago. I am using the same type of tubes in the head and the module, the same speaker, same, kind of cables from instrument and speaker, and the same type of guitars. Could this be a regular SL with an added switch and not SL2? That would make sense...more plexi-ish. Just curious, it sounds great, I just recall my old one to be more dark and compressed which I did like, might be nice to have that sound for some stuff. I like this tone also but just wondering...Any insight? Thanks.

The plus of SL+ may simply refer to the mid switch installed by Bruce. There was not a stock Egnater module with that moniker, IIRC. There was a Randall module by that name. FWIW, the SL and SL2 are different modules. If I had to guess I'd say you have an SL module with a mid boost option.

I never knew of a module named that either. I was also thinking maybe it was an SL with added switch being the plus part. Thanks for the reply.

Post a gut shot of the board and someone could tell you almost immediately.

Wasn't the SL+ the Slash mod that was done by Jeff Hilligan when he worked for Bruce?

ned said:
Wasn't the SL+ the Slash mod that was done by Jeff Hilligan when he worked for Bruce?

That's the SLX, IIRC. (or the GNR mod)