What mods have yet to be done that you would want?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the middle of one of my semiannual dirt pedal buying sprees, so I have my main RM100 loaded with a JF Blackfaced Deluxe (with same Spank switch as a Super Clean), a Salvation TwinFace, and a JF Superpro (with an 832 instead of one AX7).

They all sound different with a pedal running through them. Never bad or wrong, just different.

That 832 is a super interesting tube for those use in module V1 on those modules where only 1/2 of the V1 is being used. Pop in an 832, add a switch and few trivial components and you've got an interesting low gain additional stage.

Thanks for sharing.

nightdare.....Actually the new synergy modules and amps/racks do have +/-12VDC available on the modules for powering opamps etc.

I'm surprised there isn't a SuperLead/Super Bass mod out there....or is there?

Each side could have switchable voicing.

Concur on a Gretchen module - anything Ty up through Dogman.

Hughes and Kettner Triamp channel 1A is hands down the spankiest clean tone I've ever played. Channel 3B is a mighty nasty high gain. The triamps may have ruled the world if not plagued with some quality issues.

Spencer4hire said:
The burn channel of a Fender Supersonic amp.

I own a SuperSonic. The TwinFace's Pushed mode is pretty close to this Spencer4hire

audiomidijace said:
I think it would be great for a clean module to be designed specifically as a pedal platform. Good clean tones with lots of headroom have always been difficult with MTS and I've NEVER heard one that really takes OD pedals well. If you disagree, take that same OD pedal and plug in in to a Plexi, a clean Boogie or Bassman! THAT'S what it SHOULD sound like!
I'm talking about a module who's job isn't to sound great clean, but to sound AMAZING with an OD pedal in front of it.
Maybe instead of Gain, Bass, Mid, Treble there could be a Lo MID and Hi MID with frequency controls. The input gain could be changed to a Hi/Low input switch. Perhaps bass boost/cut switch along with the bright switch.

I read through here where a lot of you guys were agreeing w this but... I threw all of my OD and etc pedals in a box when I turned on the MTS gear. It was kind of the entire reason I liked the MTS stuff. No OD pedals required... If you think about it... Putting an OD pedal in front of most modules is like running one OD pedal into another one. Not sure why anyone would try that. It's just going to make a bunch of noise.

The Rossness said:
Wishlist mods-
Mesa Mark V (clean based)

I'd be all over a Mesa Module that (also) did good cleans.

You can already get the Salvation MarkUs with an option clean mode. There's a video of one on his youtube channel.

Granted, it's not a dedicated Mesa Mark clean channel, like the amp. But the Loneclean looks very close.

Besides the dedicated pedal platform mod, like an Ampeg V-4. I'd like to see:

Splawn Nitro
Fryette Deliverance/ Sig X
Rivera Knucklehead Tre
Caswell #34

I know there are mods that somewhat cover these tones, and/or have been in the past alsl. But I'm referring to actual specific mods based on these preamps. Like what I think you mean by the dedicated Mark clean mod.

Capt_Tippy said:
The Rossness said:
Wishlist mods-

I think you guys are looking for a Jaded Faith Mach X. There aren't many out in the wild and I'm not sure if Rob would make another one, but if you wanted one, and Rob is willing to make one, you'd need to find a COD module first. That's the only module it can be built on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZrujzJ4KDM

drewiv said:
Capt_Tippy said:
The Rossness said:
Wishlist mods-

I think you guys are looking for a Jaded Faith Mach X. There aren't many out in the wild and I'm not sure if Rob would make another one, but if you wanted one, and Rob is willing to make one, you'd need to find a COD module first. That's the only module it can be built on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZrujzJ4KDM

Not a big fan of the tone in that one drew. I have a Gigmods Mark, and I also have a MarkUS. I guess I should have been more specific.

I hated the MarkUS when I 1st got it. Anthony modified it to my liking. I like it now, and I like its cleans, but it doesn't 100% clean up. I wish it did. It still has a little breakup. I wish Anthony made a MarkUS w a clean switch.

I'd be ordering that today.

I have a Dual Mach X, might even be one of draws old mods, it's killer...but yeah, the MarkUS with the clean switch would kill.

It's a shame can't have a Dual Ch Markus...clean on one side :)

That's different from the shift switch that mine has?

Johnny's MarkUS youtube vid shows a MarkUS w the shift switch on the inside of the module. I have that switch on the face of my MarkUS. It does clean up the module when I switch it, but its still not 100% clean.

The push pull is something different?

Capt_Tippy said:
That's different from the shift switch that mine has?

Johnny's MarkUS youtube vid shows a MarkUS w the shift switch on the inside of the module. I have that switch on the face of my MarkUS. It does clean up the module when I switch it, but its still not 100% clean.

The push pull is something different?

Nope, it's just the switch moved from inside the mod to the outside via push/pull ....But I'll ask Anthony if there's been any changes cause mine gets 100% clean....