Randall RM100 MIDI problem continue

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msuwendy

Reaction score
Hi i have a problem with my midi for some reason after i switch off the amp, seems the amp always forgets the midi pedal (Behringer FCB1010) it works well even after i restart the footswitch but if i restart the head eveything seems to be not connected and worst its hard to reconnect again, need to factory preset the footswitch several times and that even might not work, i've suceeded twice but this time i need some help

Hey there, I don't have a FCB1010 so I won't be much help. A couple questions... I saw you got it working in the other thread but have you configured the switches you are using for changing channels on your amp? Or using a default setup?

A quick glance at the manual says "MIDI Channel 1 is the factory default for all functions". I saw that you have everything set to use Midi Channel 16. I'm just wondering if you have configured the switches to send messages on 16? Or you configure that globally when you get it to work?

Are you controlling other gear with the pedal? Is there a reason you need to use 16? It shouldn't matter either way, just curious and sometimes it can be easier to eliminate extra variables.

Another approach you could take is changing channels using MIDI Control Change; the benefit being you do all your programming on the controller and not need to touch the amp.

HI MarcoR

thanks for replying in this thread

so yeah i figure it out on the thread that i ask on how to connect them, but weird is that everytime it connects with all the luck you got, the amp will forget the pedal everytime your restart it but not the pedal,the pedal stays the same even if you restart it, so that is a very weird situation.

yeap i actually make the amp to follow the pedal channel,cause i see on the pedal global configuration every time i reset to factory setting all the button is set to 16

so i do have a Marshall 6100 and it got midi function and in 5 second i assign all the channel to the footswitch

some people said that the pedal is a very hard equipment to setup,some in the thread ive read said might be the midi board, but if it is the midi board why does it even connects at the first place?

weird

What do you mean by "the amp forgets the pedal"? The amp simply receives messages from the pedal. Do you mean that when you cycle the amp on and off, that it doesn't remember what preamp selections that you assigned to each patch? Or that it doesn't recognize that a pedal is connected?

isolated1523 said:
What do you mean by "the amp forgets the pedal"? The amp simply receives messages from the pedal. Do you mean that when you cycle the amp on and off, that it doesn't remember what preamp selections that you assigned to each patch? Or that it doesn't recognize that a pedal is connected?

yeap every time i on and off the amp, the signal from the pedal is disconnected and there is now way i can connect it easily again, cause seems after several trial with the same guide then with luck it will connect but that only sustain as long as the head is not turned off, but if its off then it happens again, it doesnt recognize the pedal

msuwendy said:
isolated1523 said:

yeap every time i on and off the amp, the signal from the pedal is disconnected and there is now way i can connect it easily again, cause seems after several trial with the same guide then with luck it will connect but that only sustain as long as the head is not turned off, but if its off then it happens again, it doesnt recognize the pedal

i guess its just the behringer problem, havent got any problem with my LINE 6 POD HD500

i end this discussion, thanks a lot for the help