RM100 vs RM50

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
withmittens said:
get yourself a load box

I've got a thd hot plate already. Used it for years to play silently (thru spkr cab ir's). But, especially for recording purposes, it just sucks too much tone. I prefer the rm with the master down to low studio levels better than post-attenuator.

I had both, sold the RM100 due to weight and because it wasn't sounding better. In fact I really love the sound of the RM50 but the RM100 fits 3 Modules. So a 3-4 slot RM50 would be perfect for me.

Alexis said:
I had both, sold the RM100 due to weight and because it wasn't sounding better. In fact I really love the sound of the RM50 but the RM100 fits 3 Modules. So a 3-4 slot RM50 would be perfect for me.

Egnater M4 + Randall RM50 = dream rig!

Still waiting to replace that M4 with the Synergy 002 thingy....the product formerly known as Egnater M2:)

JKD said:
Alexis said:

Egnater M4 + Randall MOD50 = dream rig!

Still waiting to replace that M4 with the Synergy 002 thingy....the product formerly known as Egnater M2:)

Egnater Mod 50 you mean?

That brings me to another question. I've also seen a lot of folks saying the Mod50 is the best sounding mts amp. Is this true, and in what way? Are they really worth the $1200+ they seem to bring? Can I not just drop a couple of those heyboer trannies in an RM50 and get the same result?

If the Randall and Egnater amps were that much different wouldn't on of the modders, or some other amp tech on this forum have put together a conversion package so we could all get the benefits of the Egnater versions?

I read they were made in the same factories. I do know the trannies are different and are easily purchased.....other differences......caps, R values?

just wondering. I don't know anything about the insides of amps, maybe they are so different that it's not worth it....

Corium_AZ said:
JKD said:
Alexis said:

Egnater M4 + Randall MOD50 = dream rig!

Egnater Mod 50 you mean?

That brings me to another question. I've also seen a lot of folks saying the Mod50 is the best sounding mts amp. Is this true, and in what way? Are they really worth the $1200+ they seem to bring? Can I not just drop a couple of those heyboer trannies in an RM50 and get the same result?

Ooops...I meant Randall RM50, better fix that :)

Latest posts