Problems I've had with the Lynch Box

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike

Reaction score
I must start off saying that I really like the sound I am getting from my Lynch Box-all the module I have tried are cool...but man I 've had my problems:

Day one-bad fuse from the start

After 1 month-XTC tubes died

After 3 months-1086 tubes died

After one week!-one tube in Brahma dead

And now the Power ON switch needs replacing! The Amp just cuts off at anytime and I have to WIGGLE the toggle switch for it to come on.

I haven't had the Tolex problem .......not yet! I know these are minor and can fix myself but what a pain.

Mike thats some badass tube dilema bro.

The switch problem your having is the first I've heard of it... and as many ppl including yourself know here at thes forum... I wrote the BOOK on Randall Lynch Box head issues just joking ofcoarse but I have had my fair share of tapping on the keys about the Lynch Box.
The saving grace is it sounds absolutly incredible and it looks very cool.

Most recently my pilot light started started flickering bright to dim. I have not taken a look yet past unscrewing the colored lens cap to see if the bulb was loose and it is not... I'm willing to bet it's a loose stacon terminal connection... just another things to add to my LYNCH BOX WOES.

I'm thinking about going to Egnater and having a custom built 100 watt head made but I have to wait and see what resolve Randall has.
However this seems to be an issue with Randall in that they take their time... the longer it takes the more I see that I will have to settle for something other than Randall.

Good luck with you LYNCH BOX.

Khing

Just bought my first module{MR SCARY) and the led does not light! When I unscrew the thumbscrews the light comes on! Also the thing squeals like a microphonic squeal if you turn up the gain past noon!

Acts like it has a bunk tube or bad cord sound,Not impressed with this
so far.Sounds awesome though what I have been able to get out of it.

Sounds like a bad tube but then again other things may cause this symtom... contact Rich he has been very very helpfuly in resolving issues for me. Randall overal has gon eth eextra mile and I'm very satisfied with the results though it took some time to get them.

Craig

Fellow MTS users...this is Bill Abel, VP of Sales for Randall.

As we are now brothers from another (MTS is our mother), please feel free to come directly to me with your issues, concerns, and questions about MTS, or any other, Randall products.

No need to post here for those types of things (I don't get to check the forum everyday). Send them directly to my home email address [email protected]. I check that every day, most of the time, several times per day (weekdays).

Any other Randall users are invited to as well. I will take the issues I feel are really important for everyone to know, and understand and post them, with solutions, as they come.

By the way...you are part of a revolution. Randall rules!!! :twisted:

javascript:emoticon(':D')Thanks alot for the replies ! As far as the module goes Sweetwater rules! They sent me a new Mr Scary module airmail got it this morning and yes it was a bad module! No problems now.

Latest posts