What mods have yet to be done that you would want?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean... It's close to clean Matt. I talked to Anthony about it and he said something like... It does cleans, but he really didn't design it for that.

I wish he designed it for that, that's all I'm saying LoL

If you're looking for a true Mesa clean, the Lone Clean is the module. Hands down. THAT is what Mesa clean is.

Capt_Tippy said:
Spencer4hire said:
The burn channel of a Fender Supersonic amp.

I own a SuperSonic. The TwinFace's Pushed mode is pretty close to this Spencer4hire
---------------------------------------
My Twinface was made with an added gain stage instead of the Push. It's balls out raw and powerful. Perhaps I could dial the Burn Channel in but is not smooth. Good to know, though

withmittens said:
Capt_Tippy said:
Spencer4hire said:
The burn channel of a Fender Supersonic amp.

I own a SuperSonic. The TwinFace's Pushed mode is pretty close to this Spencer4hire
---------------------------------------
My Twinface was made with an added gain stage instead of the Push. It's balls out raw and powerful. Perhaps I could dial the Burn Channel in but is not smooth. Good to know, though
I will have to put that module on my radar! Thanks guys.

drewiv said:
If you're looking for a true Mesa clean, the Lone Clean is the module. Hands down. THAT is what Mesa clean is.

Haven't really ever given that LoneClean a listen until just now. Sounds good.

..and it even dirty's up a bit too.

Thanks for turning me onto that drew ;)

Messed around with the cleans on the MarkUS this morning.

What I was remembering as breakup is the fact that you have to remember to turn off the gate switch. If you don't it makes some static/noise and cuts off the cleans (which sounds like breakup)

To get a clean tone out of that thing, you have to flip the shift switch, turn down both gain knobs, turn off the gate, and probably adjust your tone knobs as well... then yeah it does some nice cleans...

I love the idea of that Module, but I wish Anthony voiced it differently. ...and I wish it were a bit easier to get it into clean mode.

So that's where my original "wish" for a new module was coming from.

My MarkUS has the thick switch, and it has a slightly dif cap than Anthony normally uses (which I like and made a huge difference), but it still needs some different values in the post EQ for my taste. The tone out of the Gigmods is much better (for me) but the way the tone stack is structured in the MarkUS is much better. It would be awesome to have a Mark Module that was kind of like a hybrid of those 2. If it did cleans without having to turn 40 knobs to get there. Man that would be an awesome module. Probably dreaming an impossible dream, but there's my wish.

In the meantime, that LoneClean Module might be a good solution for the Mesa cleans. Seems like a nice Module.

Thanks again for bringing it to my attention drew.

Capt_Tippy said:
drewiv said:

Yes. It really is a fantastic module. The dual channel is perfect for covering cleans to lowish-mid gain. The single channel could definitely get solid mid gain, but with the dual I really can't dial in a great mid gain without comprimising the clean eq. That said, one of my favorite cleans. That and my custom JF Blackface duke it out for my clean channel constantly.

It would be interesting to see a complete original offering by any of the modders/ builders

Capt_Tippy said:
drewiv said:

The lone clean is great. I was doing some reamping for a bands record last weekend a had to reamp some clean parts.
For the clean section I tested my Mesa Triaxis, my Engl E580 and the Lone clean.
The Engl came close but the Lone clean was the eventual winner.

Since someone else revived this one...

To this day I'd still like that Mark Module with better access to a clean channel.

I picked up a LoneClean, but... wasn't really what I was hoping for.

It has good cleans but (to my ears) they sound nothing at all like the cleans on the MarkUS Module.

I actually have a MarkUs and never knew it had clean in it. :)
Of course I have seen the Salvation video with the killer clean, but when I got mine I assumed the video was done on a different version with a clean channel.
I look forward to dialing in the clean next time I play.
So your suggestion for the clean switch in the Mod is a good one indeed.

No Matt, I'm saying I wish Anthony would spend 5 minutes and figure out how to REALLY put a clean channel on that module. Will it do cleans? Yes. Was it on purpose? NO! I wish he'd make one on purpose that had those cleans. It "works" but... Follow?

I've hoped for a Friedman Naked mod. My Salvation Buddy gets close...but its still missing just a bit of something specific to the amp (I used to own a '78 JMP 2203 with the Naked mod).

Another one would be PRS Archon. The gain channel on that amp is just amazing...

Bleedback said:
I've hoped for a Friedman Naked mod. My Salvation Buddy gets close...but its still missing just a bit of something specific to the amp (I used to own a '78 JMP 2203 with the Naked mod).

Another one would be PRS Archon. The gain channel on that amp is just amazing...

That would basically be a Naylor Superdrive. Thats what the naked is, just built on a Marshall power section.

I plan on building this mod at some point.

Bleedback said:

not to take away from the thread, what exactly is the Budda Drive all about? for a long time I thought it was a hot rodded Vox sound. then a Marshall in an el 34 format. I can't put my finger on it. It sounds cool as hell and I've played one once at a practice space full of amps. still I don't think I understand what it is