MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New MIDI controller for RM4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trimix
RM100

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject: New MIDI controller for RM4 Reply with quote

Just picked up a new (old) MIDI controller for my RM4, a Boss ME-5. Had one in '89 that was stolen, couldn't resist this one listed for $40 at GC used. Had to fix one switch after it was delivered yesterday, then picked up a pair of used Boss FS-5U foot switches for $12 to step through the banks and switch to manual mode.
Played it with a Tele through the RM4 this morning loaded with the following mods:
Jaded Faith Twox - on the tweed Bassman setting with the bright switch on it's a nice chimey clean in the neck and center positions.
Salvation TwinFace - on the Deluxe setting with the bright off it's a great match for the Tele bridge pick-up clean.
Sacred Groove SL+ - with the gain around 9:30 - 10 o'clock, bright off and JCM800 mid switch on, it's a great crunch tone that's boostable.
George Lynch Grail - Love a Tele through a Rectifier, the bridge pick-up is nice and chunky.
I tried running straight into the RM4 compared to running through the Boss with the fx bypassed first and preferred it with the ME-5 buffer on every mod. There's a programmable boost available in the compressor, OD/distortion, equalizer, and master output for each patch. Just getting started with adding some of the effects to patches, the compressor and noise suppressor work great.

I love having switches I can hit barefoot again!
Jaded Faith- Twox, XTC, Custom RVerb
Sacred Groove- Custom SL+
Mesa/Boogie- Stereo Simul-Class 395
(2) Randall 4x12- X-pattern Vintage 30/G12T-75
MusiciansFriend.com's Deal Center
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Rigs & Tones All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: