RT2/50 mods? are there any?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

withmittens

Reaction score
from what I gather there is little been done to the Rt2/50. JF does a Fog Lifter + mod but as far as anything else, I have not seen

Did Friedman do anything to these amps back in the day? I'd really like one channel to have a half power switch and to know if there is anything that could be done to improve it's high end response. Of course the negative feedback control may do this

What's been done over the years. I have to say that when I do play other amps I really do like the "open" and "airy" or "woody" adjectives that come out of them. I know these words are meaningless but since I don't see me buying a new amp or getting involved with Synergy I'd really like to explore this possibility

I did speak to JF about some mods but I believe there was little interest to do anything beyond the Fog Lifter + mod.

This may be the only option......

can anyone add anything about the + mod that may be helpful. Did it change your life?

I just worked on one of these two weeks ago, so it's fresh in my mind. There is virtually no room inside of these units at all. Even the spade connectors on the tube PCB are bent to make them fit. That makes modification a risky proposition.

I personally feel they are among the best power amps I have ever come across. The Foglifter+ makes for about the only useful improvement I have performed on these. That will give you much more control of the amp.

You should ask at Salvation Mods.

I am currently having some modules made and I asked about modding my RT2/50.

They said they would send me a resistor to replace for a tonal improvement, although I do not know what the impovement is yet.

I am sure if you ask they can tell you what the mod involves.