Which Mark mod for IIC+ / IV tones?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JKD said:
I found Robs version OK....perhaps better clarity than the Gigmods...but not enough that I wanted to keep it over the other two..totally personal preference.

You're talking about the Mark X though right?

Thanks guys, that's better info than I could have ever ask for!

I've made my decision now.

It'll contrast excellent with my JVM.

Capt_Tippy said:
JKD said:
I found Robs version OK....perhaps better clarity than the Gigmods...but not enough that I wanted to keep it over the other two..totally personal preference.

You're talking about the Mark X though right?

I think so...yes. Believe mine looked like this..

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODAwWDE2MDA=/z/XvsAAOSwaB5XpLXS/$_1.JPG

The current production version is different, right?

The MKC+ looks good. It will give me what I'm looking for. That paired with the Twintone is a great match for my RM50 combo alongside my JVM.

Haha, yes that video helped a lot! I'm also going to see if Rob can add a switch for crunch / lead gain stages on it.

Thanks for all your help, it's awesome you have 3 of the versions out there to really give insight, and it may take me going through all of them to find what I'm looking for. But for now I think the MKC+ is the right starting point.

Plus tonally, it's the right contrast against my JVM. I can get a Dual Rectifier from my local shop anytime I want, so I'm avoiding that route on MTS, and like I said before I miss my old Mark V.