Favourite Marshall Mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob made me a JCM 800 module that is simple yet effective. The cleans are descent when I roll back the volume on the Strat. The crunch kills, and the lead is so much fun to play. It looks like it's a keeper, which is saying something for a tone snob like myself.

Here's a sampling of Rob's JCM 800 module on a Strat going into an EL34-tube rectified power amp, Shure SM57 microphone, and Mixcraft recording software.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhYdlsXFi8Y

I'm new to the modular world, but have heard a few that a friend has. The Duoplex sounded amazing and was very versatile. Could see me ending up with one of those.

I know this has been said before but the Mash-all just slays. Its such a killer module. Very versatile and great high gain tone.

The Camerock still leads by a mile for me. But I'd give my left leg to get my hands on a Voodoo UG Jose or an SG Bully.
That aside a stock blackface SL+ is **** fantastic for a stock module.

Most definitely Friedman BE/C45, HBE and Black Eye modules are my most adored of any module. I have a Hilligan Appetite For Destruction mod which is dead on. Also the Voodoo Jose HG has never left my side also... I can vouch for the Camerock but I let that go when I got my hands on one of Mark Cameron's prototype CCV's.

I'm a massssssive rodded Marshall guy, owned pretty much all modules based on at one stage.

My favorite Marshall modules are:
Rhoadie or Duoplex for plexi/hotrod plexi tones.
CAE++ for modern heavy stuff.
Mashall+ and CCV win for versatility.
Mashall+ wins for easy to dial anything marshall.

I never owned a vishnu, but from what I understand it is a plexi-ish (Randall Brahma) preamp in parallel with a JCM800 preamp? there's no module quite like it, and well, there's no amp on the plane quite like it...

Mattfig said:
Must not be too many Vishnus out there.... :)

mfgobbi said:
I never owned a vishnu, but from what I understand it is a plexi-ish (Randall Brahma) preamp in parallel with a JCM800 preamp? there's no module quite like it, and well, there's no amp on the plane quite like it...

Mattfig said:
Must not be too many Vishnus out there.... :)

Yeah, it's brilliant and when run in series can get similar to JVM gain levels....The cleanish plexi tones are amazing too....Every setting yields awesome results...
I keep a Twinface, Vishnu, and Dreadplate in my main amp....