Shiver owners?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Motor City Mods has an inbound Shiver module that I've honestly never ever played....It's probably the one Salvation Mod I have not played to date...

Firstly, any owners out there wanna chime in on the tone...

I'm expecting a THICK modded Marshall kinda tone....Actually, I'm told it's the fullest "Marshall-esque" mod on the market....I have a Terrier so we'll see about that...

Second, anyone interested in this mod? We'll have it in stock in a week...

Please remember we're still here cranking out the mods and breathing life into MTS... ;)

Happy Holidays,
Mattfig

Thick, warm and woody. It definitely has that Bogner modded Marshall tone. The midrange is very different to the latter as well. It's smoother with more pronounced low end.
Great for anything from blues to modern hard rock.

I loved the mid - high gain settings without the facelift mode. That's not to say the facelift wasn't good, it was crushing. But I'd be just as happy with the mod without it. To me the facelift mode is heavier than an actual Shiva could ever get. I might be wrong about that, since I've only played a real one once.

In fact that seems to be a common thing with Salvation, and again I'm not complaining. But his mods are generally heavier than the preamp they're imitating. That's why I'm still convinced the vast majority of his preamps can "do metal".

I still think about the Shiver, as I never really gave it its due. In something like an RM4 it could really have a place.

WOW.....I am blown away by this mod....It is warm, thick, heavy (if desired) and very useable in every sense...

The Salvation clips do it justice so I won't be making anything new here....Just wanted to say she landed and is splendid....

My old module sounded like it had more gain than an actual Bogner Shiva. I thought it did the EVH thing really well.

The Rossness said:
My old module sounded like it had more gain than an actual Bogner Shiva. I thought it did the EVH thing really well.

The mod (with boost and Facelift engaged) definitely has more gain than a Shiva....I'm not complaining though....It's an amazing tone....The thickest Marshall I've got in the stable...

My single channel Shiva is awesome. Real thick high gain tone, most likely more than the original.
It is one of my best modules. Also have a dual which sounds different ... Anthony currently takes a look.

I can only recommend this module to anyone that loves thick Cantrell tone.
The JJ-Dirt is as good and feels/plays tighter.