What Type of Speaker Do You Use with your Modular System?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speaker type with your MTS?

• Greenback

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vintage 30

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JMMP

Reaction score
What type of speaker do you use with your MTS setup? Do you alter speaker choice when you swap out modules? Was it ever revealed how modules were developed, IE were all modules developed using the same speaker, or were each developed using the type of speaker typically associated with that type amp (marshall/greenback, recto/v30, top boost/blue)? Thanks for your responses!

While I use V30s in the cab connected to my MTS setup, I've been using a 2-Notes Torpedo Live load/cab sim rack unit to do most of my monitoring recently (into a couple of JBL monitors). With that, I switch cab/speaker types via midi based on the preamps I'm using. I find it's much nicer to use V30 emus for my recto mods, greenback emus for my marshall mods etc.

Live, the V30 tends to work fine for all of them though.

Mostly v30 but not just that:

1. Main 4x12 has v30/G12h30 in x-pattern
2. My 2x12 has v30/G12M65 Creamback

Spencer4hire said:
VitaminG said:
whatever came stock in the Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12
I think those were eminence legends.

that makes sense. The G-Flex replaced a 4x12 with Eminences in it and both cabs sounded quite similar. That's a big part of its appeal - it's a big sounding 2x12, takes up a lot less room in my car ;)

VitaminG said:
Spencer4hire said:
VitaminG said:
whatever came stock in the Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12
I think those were eminence legends.

that makes sense. The G-Flex replaced a 4x12 with Eminences in it and both cabs sounded quite similar. That's a big part of its appeal - it's a big sounding 2x12, takes up a lot less room in my car ;)
I used to have one and I thought it sounded pretty darn good and like you said it was easy to move around with nice handles they have.

cab 1 semi open back - Celestion G12H 70th Anniversary + Vintage 30
cab 2 sealed back - Creamback 60 + Reeves cast Purple
cab 3 open back- Eminence Maverick attenuated speaker

they all sound great. cab 2 works great with the 50R, C-Watt and is clear, crisp although not harsh or spikey

Cab 1 is great for Selma, Twinface, Duo

Cab 3 is for all of them at a slighly less output. each one is very balanced and does not have a huge mid hump or fizz like a v30 alone has. it was my goal to eliminate this yet still get the classic Celestion sound.

The Reeves is so good as is the Creamback. If I were to use a Creamback alone it would be the 75 rather than the 60

1st choice is a pair of Randall 4x12s, both with Vintage 30s and G12T-75s in an x-pattern.
If using just a 1x12 combo, I use a WGS ET-65 but prefer it combined with a WGS Veteran 30 in a second extension 1x12.
Find the WGS versions work better in singles and pairs but the Celestions cancel perfectly in quads.