MTS Forum Forum Index
Discussion forum for Synergy, Egnater & Randall MTS Amps & Modules

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RM4 Multiple Outputs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Egnater / Randall Modular Amps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JMMP
RM20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: RM4 Multiple Outputs Reply with quote

Has anyone used the pre loop output of the RM4 while also using the post loop (stereo) outputs? Does it work? Are there any major sound deficiencies. I am thinking I can save a little space if I use the pre-loop output for my dry sound, and use the post loop outputs to drive my effects units, then sum dry and wet in a mixer. I will try to try this later tonight to see if it will work, but figured I would ask around as well.

Thanks for any info you may have!
MusiciansFriend.com's Deal Center
Capt_Tippy
RM100

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's kinda the point of the parallel loop. The effects knob acts as your mixer soooo......
JMMP
RM20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Lexicon and an Eventide unit, both of which I intend to run in stereo. The dual outputs (post loop) would be perfect to drive these two units, which would then be summed in a stereo mixer with the dry signal.
JMMP
RM20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update in case anyone else is looking for the answer: It works just fine. I took the pre loop output of the RM4 straight into my mixer, and the post effects loop outputs into the L/R inputs of the Eventide (just for this test, in the future it will be one input per effect unit, with a Y cable) and the Eventide's outputs into the mixer, and from the mixer to a stereo power amp and stereo cab. The eventide received plenty of signal (actually had to pad the input by 6dB) and it all sounded great!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MTS Forum Forum Index -> Egnater / Randall Modular Amps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: