Best Vox Module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt_Tippy

Reaction score
Your opinion. Best Vox Module? Not trying to start a big debate. Just want your opinion. Thanks in advance for your input!

You know what I'm gonna say....Matchvox all the way...PLUS, you get the Matchless tones too! I've had a lot of Vox based mods and Matchvox has always been in the stable here...

I currently have a Friedman modded Top Boost that was made for Jeff Young of Megadeth....It's pretty damned good too to be honest but I side with the Matchvox due to it's wide range of tones....Cleans thru chimey grit!

Axisman5150 said:
I'd like to see a demo of the SYNERGY Morgan module based on his AC20.

Of the brief clip page Ive seen....that was the one I liked most.

JKD said:
Axisman5150 said:
I'd like to see a demo of the SYNERGY Morgan module based on his AC20.

Of the brief clip page Ive seen....that was the one I liked most.

Link?

That link I posted in the Synergy section of those kids I think he's playing that Module, but its not that great of a clip.

Any idea if the Synergy modules will work in a Randall? I mean I know the whole 2 channel issue but...

Now I gotta buy a Synergy? LoL Wasn't planning on that.

I like JMI. I actually didn't realize Joe was making a Module til you just said it.

You CAN use Synergy modules in Randall and Egnater MTS amps. There is a switch on the inside of the module that lets you select which channel you want to use.

Hmm well that would be awesome.

Finally something I like about synergy hah

Who'd a thunk it...

So I thought I saw a couple guys really like the twox in another thread (but neither said it here)

Anybody want to vote for the twox or the voxyface? voxless? nothing?

Just Matt's vote for the Matchvox and a prayer some day the Morgan Module will be available? heh

Capt_Tippy said:
So I thought I saw a couple guys really like the twox in another thread (but neither said it here)

Anybody want to vote for the twox or the voxyface? voxless? nothing?

Just Matt's vote for the Matchvox and a prayer some day the Morgan Module will be available? heh

I have a Twox and really do love it. However, I love it for its Tweed tones. I've not gotten very convincing vox tones from it - not even in my RM20, which should get you as close as you can in mts... I have yet to find a convincing vox tone in mts. But, I've not tried the Salvation offerings, nor have I tried JF's newest AC30 mod. JF's newest had a couple rave reviews here: http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=21191

Same here. I use the Tweed tones. I'm not really in to Vox tones. That said, I had two JF Voxless modules at one time. But I used the Matchless tones on both. I need mids! :D

There aren't many of them out ther, but the Sacred Groove CC30 is IT as far as I'm concerned, though I haven't tried all the entries in that category.

studio289 said:
Mattfig said:
Whoopysnorp said:
There aren't many of them out ther, but the Sacred Groove CC30 is IT as far as I'm concerned, though I haven't tried all the entries in that category.

DOn't have mine anymore, but Whoopysnorp is correct...That is the top of the top....

The CC30 is exceptional.

Yeah, it's the mod that put Scott over the top as he was driven to perfect it....I think he came awful close and did some stuff I've yet to see on other mods....It was a really frustrating mod as I recall for him and those who have them should hang on or sell only to me.... :twisted:

Yeah, I think he told me he only built something like six of the original ones. He seemed kind of unhappy with the way it came out, because the controls are somewhat less than intuitive. Personally I love it. It enjoys a near-permanent placement in the first slot of my preamp, where I have it set for a clean with just a little grit in it. One of these days I need to break out of that box and explore the gain tones, because those sound great too.

To be honest, I was never happy with the CLEAN Vox sounds I have got out the stock modules (TopBoost, Super V) and the Matchvox.
I also had a CC-30 but it never really worked as it should so Scott finally turned it in to a different module back then.
So far, I enjoy the Egnater Vox module because it has a mids knobs and it proved to be a good addition although the original doesn't have it. It is pretty good.
What I really found all modules are missing is the specific construction of the AC30. Vox tones are often mixed tones of the normal and top boost channels. Only the CC-30 could do that (but that was where my module was not working).

I wish, Anthony would do a module with two pots just like the Duoplex.