Modules for Lead Work

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
studio289 said:
Capt_Tippy said:
.... I've also owned an SG Criminal Module which was cool, but I ended up selling it to Russ.

If you ever want this back, let me know.

Ha! You don't like it?

I liked that Module in my RM50. I liked it with nothing else really in the signal chain. No boost. No post processing. Just a little reverb or delay and not much else. It has a lot of gain and it really pushed the RM50. I always assumed that's what it was designed for. The only problem is I never play like that. I have 2 ODS Modules in the RM50. I rarely use the RM50. I just keep it for something to drag out for a quick Jam somewhere. Pretty much always had those in there since I've had them and the RM50.

I never really looked at that module for leads and I wish I had, but it took me a long time to make myself sell it. It didn't really work well in my rig though. I figured someone that just wanted a hot module for a 50 should own it. I doubted I'd ever really use it. ...and I'm sure that's true.

List it for sale. Its a great module for the right person. That person isn't me though.

For some reason, I still miss my old Randall Ultra Lead
The lack of higher range clarity killed it when combined with my other mods, but it's smokey thick character was by itself a pleasure to hear

I also like the JF SLOD-100 for lead, but I think the JF XTC just beats it - I love that mod for lead - not that I'm very good at lead but at least I sound good while being a crap lead guitarist :)

I'm not much for boosting and I think both of those mods get me there without. Both of mine are duals and it tend to be one side for rhythm the other with more volume for lead - works a treat live!

Nightdare said:
For some reason, I still miss my old Randall Ultra Lead
The lack of higher range clarity killed it when combined with my other mods, but it's smokey thick character was by itself a pleasure to hear
my modded treadplate sounds similar to your description. i bumped up the mids and cut the bass, and lowered the gain on the module. mid-barky, and really present and focused.

NakedInTheRain said:
my modded treadplate sounds similar to your description. i bumped up the mids and cut the bass, and lowered the gain on the module. mid-barky, and really present and focused.

I actually at the time had the stock treadplate as well
and there simply was no comparison, the UL was like Santana with BBQ sauce over it while the treadplate was a bland Rectifier
I think a close module these days for the UL is a Salvation Legend

(The UL is now a Angel+ and the Treadplate a Mash-oldano)

I would recommend a Diezel Herbert Ch3 mod... I made 3 of them and can sell them, or share how to build one if you would like that.