You're out of MTS, what are you using now?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mattfig said:
I'm way into the Kemper although I have all my MTS and it isn't going anywhere right now...

Hi Matt,
I was not really able to dial proper sound. Don't you find it sterile? I sold it in favor of MTS world ... and still not regreted.

leonsun said:
Mattfig said:
I'm way into the Kemper although I have all my MTS and it isn't going anywhere right now...

Hi Matt,
I was not really able to dial proper sound. Don't you find it sterile? I sold it in favor of MTS world ... and still not regreted.

Nope, I find it lively and awesome....I make my own profiles which helps....I still keep my MTS tones when I use the Kemper....I will have a demo out today showing some of both!

Mattfig said:
leonsun said:
Mattfig said:

Hi Matt,

Nope, I find it lively and awesome....I make my own profiles which helps....I still keep my MTS tones when I use the Kemper....I will have a demo out today showing some of both!

Great :) I was really impressed with low/mid gain sounds, but the hi-gain sounds were simply not lively. Even the sounds I profiled, sounded very close to the original track, but with some artificial hi-freq content and without life. Curious about samples :)

Mattfig said:
https://soundcloud.com/hyun-hoei-an/mattfig-profiles-humble-od

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mattfig+kpa

https://soundcloud.com/alexjta45/mattfig-kemper-profiles-demo-alexdicke

Sounds great :)

I've been playing an Orange Jim Root Dark Terror in my new band. Mostly cos I needed something portable and couldn't find a RM20 head for a decent price

I still have both rm50 head and a combo. Also a jvm410 head that I really like most of the time. I still use all of them for different things. The mts amps hold their own and there is no real reason not to use them. I think we all like variety and it's fun to try different amps. I could sell the Marshall and be perfectly happy with my rm50's. The only thing the jvm does better is that it has a 2 great master volumes, great foot switch and loop, and that Marshall presence sound that seems to be exclusive to them. Not really better or worse, just different. But I don't have the foglifters on either of my 50's so maybe that would change them. Waiting to see what the synergy line will bring.

I've had a bunch of stuff sunce I left. Probably flipped a few pieces too soon, lol. Currently have a Kruse modded DMoll, Kruse EVH 50w, Katana, and a small Peters amp.

I'd like to get some mts again but may wait out for the the Salvo piece that integrates. Mamba & Stonerverb would sound glorious going into the DMoll :shock:

I have my Lunch Box 50W and matching 2x12 that I still have but am leaning towards selling. I also have an RM4 and the RT2/50 that I am parting with as well. I have since acquired a Kemper. I profiled most of my modules and they sound great. I would say almost identical. So for as much as I was a fanboi of MTS, my Kemper is making it ok to let the MTS stuff go.

scary groove said:
I have my Lunch Box 50W and matching 2x12 that I still have but am leaning towards selling. I also have an RM4 and the RT2/50 that I am parting with as well. I have since acquired a Kemper. I profiled most of my modules and they sound great. I would say almost identical. So for as much as I was a fanboi of MTS, my Kemper is making it ok to let the MTS stuff go.

I thought you already let those go?

Still have the Lynch 50W Combo I got from you here...my daughter loves it when she gets time to play, not often for an over-scheduled high schooler!

I stil have maybe $6-7k in MTS gear....but my AX8 gets all the love these days.

I thought you already let those go?

Still have the Lynch 50W Combo I got from you here...my daughter loves it when she gets time to play, not often for an over-scheduled high schooler!

I stil have maybe $6-7k in MTS gear....but my AX8 gets all the love these days.[/quote]

I let the combo go obviously. I am glad that's working out well. I did also sell off the 100W Lynch Box. But I never brought myself to parting with the Lynch Box 50W and matching 2x12 as I have not seen another in years. I also have rack setup with an RM4 and an RT2/50. But just like you and your AX8, my Kemper is getting all the love. It's too close to the real deal and all the MTS gear is taking up too much space. That Lynch Box is coming for sale soon!!

How do you like the AX8?

I play my AX8 9 times out of 10, I just love the flexibility and balls out tone at whatever volume....not to mention how easy it is to get a great recorded tone.

Don't sell that RM50LB and 2x12 without offering it to me first ;)

If there's one amp I regret letting go it's the 50w LB.