SYN question

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
Will it take current dual mods and switch via midi?
I ask because I see a few on the classifieds that i am sure work with Egnater, but I'm not likely to go there. I do see myself with a syn1 or 2

audiomidijace said:
The SYN-2 has MIDI I/O, but the SYN-1 does not. Current dual modules will work in both though.
Since Syn1 does not have midi, can one footswitch between their own amp channels and then Syn1 module tones? Is there a relay switch? That might work for me as my FX8 has relays (and midi)

Looks like it - the SYN-1 has a footswitch and from what I understand you can bypass (so back to the original amp channel) or select either of the two sides of the module in the SYN-1.

Looks like winner to me!

The SYN1 includes a two position footswitch.
One switch toggles between the channels on the Synergy module.
The second switch is bypass - which routes the signal back to the preamps in your head/combo.

So the SYN1 allows you add pre-amps to your amp and does not take your amp's channels away.

The engineering task that took so long is making sure that in the bypass mode, your amp tone does not get effected and that the SYN2 does not add any noise or hum to your amp. It's a little magic box that has several thousand hours of engineering and tweaking. It's great to see it work flawlessly![/list]