Prices!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with what has been said. I sold my MOD 50 + modules almost 2 years ago now, built my own Ceriatone Marshall clone in the mean time while waiting FOREVER to try and possibly buy the new Synergy stuff. The fact that their website isn't even complete, and we've been hearing "just a little longer" for at least over a year now, and now the prices have been posted and are high and don't include one single module for $2k+ is ridiculous IMO. Yes, if someone was going to buy a boutique amp already then those prices are in line with that. However, the regular gigging musician isn't likely going to drop that kind of cash when an even more flexible used Axe-Fx or Kemper can be grabbed for $1700 with 90% of the tone (good enough for live shows for sure) and an unlimited number of amps to choose from. Sorry guys but you're going to have to drop prices to be competitive in the 2017 market to get people to adopt. Throw in ONE basic plexi module or something. Even a printer comes with a starter cartridge. You aren't competing against 2002 Line 6 POD digital junk anymore.

^True
I may get a Syn1 and a module or 2. I may want to see how the first wave goes for people to makes sure there are no hiccups. There's no way I'm dropping the $ they want for a loaded Syn amp. I am their ideal market too, but it's way high.

MarcoR said:
I've been waiting for the Syn-2, the price is fair for what it does so I'm happy.

$800 for an empty preamp is fair?
Then you have to spend another $800 to fill it.
Again you're at used kemper prices.
I didn't really think about that til Mike pointed it out but....
Anyone that buys a 4 channel preamp when they can get a kemper for the same price... you must be smokin some good weed up there Marco.
Gimme your address I'm comin to get some of that lol

MarcoR said:
I've been waiting for the Syn-2, the price is fair for what it does so I'm happy.

I'd be a lot happier at $1,200 fully loaded.....TBH seems much more reasonable for Rack plus two modules.

Maybe it will be $1,400 instead of $1,600 when it comes out?

Egnater gave a steep discount on people buying the pre-amps fully loaded with 4 modules and that was basically hand assembled in the US too ('boutique' production...)

We're their key market for sure. Guys just like us- tone hunters and, for Heaven's sake, current MTS users. They give us high prices and phone camera clips...I'm sure the amazing website they have is also rolled into these prices...

I'm not yet sold on Synergy. I will need to actually hear and play it to justify this kinda $$$....Also want to see Gen 1 go out without issue...

Just my .02...

Edited to add that the phone cam clips sound promising....My point was just that I need some more evidence....

Perhaps when it comes out someone will do a side by side of some current mods vs Syn mods....I truly hope it's worth it as I'm interested but not sold....

When I bought my 50 watt Lynchbox, Randall wanted $1600. Add for inflation today and your up too $1837 for a Chinese made amp head... with two modules.

So is a made in American amp worth $1200 more to you. Not to mention that your getting dual modules instead of singles. I think it's a okay price... if it's something you really want. If not just wait a year and buy it used. It'll drop down a grand.

With that said, if I do purchase anything, it'll be an SYN1 with a couple of modules. However, I would love a completely unbiased video comparing the new modules to the old modded modules, before I make that decision.

I think Synergy is hoping for a whole lot more of a market then the dinosaurs on this site :lol:

lintycreep said:
When I bought my 50 watt Lynchbox, Randall wanted $1600. Add for inflation today and your up too $1837 for a Chinese made amp head... with two modules.

So is a made in American amp worth $1200 more to you. Not to mention that your getting dual modules instead of singles. I think it's a okay price... if it's something you really want. If not just wait a year and buy it used. It'll drop down a grand.

With that said, if I do purchase anything, it'll be an SYN1 with a couple of modules. However, I would love a completely unbiased video comparing the new modules to the old modded modules, before I make that decision.

I think Synergy is hoping for a whole lot more of a market then the dinosaurs on this site :lol:

Good point, they desire a very large market but their waiting list is likely comprised of said dinosaurs...

There are a few categories on the market (buy our point of view):
- brand lovers: only the Mesa/Marshall/Fender etc is good enough. Hunting for used equipment mainly, older is better
- tone lovers: usually buying second hand equipments, which are already proved on market. Target is to get good sound from whatever equipment. Usually they looking for tube amps or hi-valued equipments
- gear lovers: "A new product is on the market, I have to try it". Potentials.
- "I don't care anything I need and amp to play" - buying cheap equipment

I think the market positioning based on proper benchmarks is the key for the introduction of a new product to the market. It will be very hard to introduce something new which creates the immediate wish in potential buyers to invest MORE money in a new product than the existing one.

IMO the success of MTS and Egnater modular amps based on two facts:
1. The original idea to provide wide range of famous guitar amp sounds in one product, at a fraction of the price proportionally, avoiding any digital modelling
2. The built-up external services: modders like Salvation, Jaded Faith etc

I simply do not think a new company can get into this market with higher prices than a fully modded module by any of the modder guys..with one exception: if these modular amps become so popular that the second hand market cannot supply enough equipments :)

Capt_Tippy said:
MarcoR said:

$800 for an empty preamp is fair?
Then you have to spend another $800 to fill it.
Again you're at used kemper prices.
I didn't really think about that til Mike pointed it out but....
Anyone that buys a 4 channel preamp when they can get a kemper for the same price... you must be smokin some good weed up there Marco.
Gimme your address I'm comin to get some of that lol

I'm not looking at it as just an empty preamp; it is a device that can extend an existing amp. It has a built in midi controlled audio switcher... which may not excite most people because they don't understand the potential.

I'm also not the typical guitar geek, I prefer quality rack FX and struggle with a reasonably portable rack. I could use the Syn-2 to add channels to my Landry G3 which has an amazing power section or as a standalone in the rack.

The Syn-2 with their 1U poweramp and an Eventide Eclipse would be a really powerful small rack. Cheap? nope but I'd take that over a powered Kemper without a second thought. Why? Because each component can be used in multiple rig configurations and are valuable tools individually.

I thinks the Syn-1/2 and power amp will be hits. The Amps are too expensive and the modules will be hit or miss and cost the same as the Egnater duals did. I don't think the masses will get it though...

Anyway, the studio is open to my MTS brothers that want to jamm so come on up!

I had a real hard time selling my MTS gear.

Sold my RM100 with clean, XTC and ultra lead for $500usd.

Sold my RM4 unloaded for $400usd and sold the 4 mts mods for about $100 each.

The Modular gear is very interesting stuff but I think people just figure to pay a little extra and buy the real thing.

$2k for a unloaded head does seem a bit pricey, you're gonna end paying $3k for the head.

For that money I'd rather get a Mesa/Boogie JP-2C

Looks like some clips are starting to surface
On their Facebook
Henning the crazy German has SYN1
W/ SLO ,BE and VH4
All direct so far but I suspect
In depth reviews coming soon

they really should get a professional like Pete Thorn to demo it. it would be worth their money.

so far i can't tell a thing with what they've got

gtr31 said:
Looks like some clips are starting to surface
On their Facebook
Henning the crazy German has SYN1
W/ SLO ,BE and VH4
All direct so far but I suspect
In depth reviews coming soon

I caught the demos this morning on FB...really love the BE but then I always have! \m/

The Henning Pauly direct in torpedo cab demos are not blowing me away
Honestly

I think. The modellers like Fractal Helix are on par

Website still not available and looks poor

I think so far it pretty uninteresting

unearth said:
I had a real hard time selling my MTS gear.

Sold my RM100 with clean, XTC and ultra lead for $500usd.

Sold my RM4 unloaded for $400usd and sold the 4 mts mods for about $100 each.

The Modular gear is very interesting stuff but I think people just figure to pay a little extra and buy the real thing.

$2k for a unloaded head does seem a bit pricey, you're gonna end paying $3k for the head.

For that money I'd rather get a Mesa/Boogie JP-2C

yeah, for that money I would get a few nice used amps and be done, or a massive MTS system.

I'm having a hard time biting at these prices, but then... Soldano SLO 100 is $4149. H&K Triamp MKIII IS $3999. So, you are getting a US built tube amp for these prices, and I understood that your soldano preamp was designed and built in conjunction with Soldano. So, if you're not looking for a bargain but a serious rig I can kinda see it. Kinda...

Definitely keen to get a SYN-2 with some friedman modules. I have his Naked amp which is amazing, so I'm sure the modules will be awesome.

It would be nice if they had some bundling prices, i.e. Buy the Syn-1 get a discount on a module, buy 3 or 4 modules get a discount, etc