Some Synergy (Friedman) Tones

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMMP

Reaction score
Saw this video posted on TGP, and it features some Synergy sounds from about 4:30 to 5:00. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/PsV5KC2hGO8

Wow....I know that guitar dude....lol....He's from Detroit, David Black....He's freaking awesome....The BE sounds great....But David makes everything sound great....

Here we go scrounging for clips again.... :(

JMMP said:
Saw this video posted on TGP, and it features some Synergy sounds from about 4:30 to 5:00. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/PsV5KC2hGO8

Wow.... 'Boutique' 'mass' production...

The BE sounds amazing as always.....roll on March.

I realize I'm in the vast minority in having this opinion, but Friedman stuff does nothing for me. I've tried to like his stuff, but always find it too compressed and nasally. I've had several modded modules, a modded Marshall and even tried a BE - nothin'. I'm starting to think I'm tone deaf and my idea of good tone is awful.

drewiv said:
I realize I'm in the vast minority in having this opinion, but Friedman stuff does nothing for me. I've tried to like his stuff, but always find it too compressed and nasally. I've had several modded modules, a modded Marshall and even tried a BE - nothin'. I'm starting to think I'm tone deaf and my idea of good tone is awful.

Nah Drew, I haven't tried any of those modules you're talking about but that's pretty much exactly how Id describe the tone in this clip. I don't dig it at all. When I watched it the 1st time yesterday (and didn't comment) I thought to myself... why does anyone like this? You're not alone. LoL

I do really like Anthony's JJDirt, but I'm not sure how close that actually sounds to the JJ-100. Or how close the JJ-100 sounds to the rest of Friedman's stuff for that matter.

drewiv said:

Def. not alone. I always hear something nasal in the mids and too much compression. It softens the edges which I like and often it is bass heavy in a mix to my ears. The Soldano module from what I have heard is more raw and open and that tickles my ear a little..

Finally they got some more examples. I played a hbe amp last time I was in Cali and sadly enough it did nothing for me as well. The examples they where playing though sounded a little better so maybe it was my guitar and pickup choices. Different guitars move an amp differently. The Soldano and Morgan mods definitely peak my interest though.

I don;t get it. You'd think they'd have produced some serious demos by now. I have no idea whether my DIY Dirty Shirley sounds anything like Freidman's or the real amp. I have no idea whether I'd even want to get involved with this stuff as I'm quite happy with what's easily available and understood already.

Why so much BS? product>demos>sales. yeah? Whats the big deal?

withmittens said:
I don;t get it. You'd think they'd have produced some serious demos by now. I have no idea whether my DIY Dirty Shirley sounds anything like Freidman's or the real amp. I have no idea whether I'd even want to get involved with this stuff as I'm quite happy with what's easily available and understood already.

Given that they are couple months away from being able to produce hardware, perhaps they want to make sure it's available within a few weeks of the pro-demos building the hype.

There's a couple of SYN1 pro demos about now.....more demos of different productswould be cool but not needed for converts like us.

ok, but they've been building hype for a while now, retooled the designs, went to 2 Namms, make videos about how great it is and get some dude to hammer away on an amp in a shitty setup.

you know?

just saying, I think it's time for some real demos. if they can't manage that with all that they have, Boutique I mean, then ****.

withmittens said:

Yup - get Pete Thorn on it, now that boy can demo :)