Module Plans for 2017

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpitfireMusic

Reaction score
So I know it's been a little stale around here so I figured I'd share my ideas for consolidating my collection of 15 modules to 7 most of which are stockers. Been a long time coming that I break down and send things to Rob at Jaded Faith and Salvation Audio/Motor City Mods.

So without disclosing who'll be doing what here are the amps my seven modules will be based on.

1. Blackface era fender vibrolux
2. Tweed era Fender Bandmaster 5e7 (the amp Pete Townshend used for Who's Next with a Gretsch 6120)
3. Dr Z Maz Sr that can do clean to light crunch
4. Dr Z Z Wreck (amp designed by Brad paisley, Dr z and Ken Fischer of trainwreck)
5. Hiwatt CP-103 (Pete Townsend signature model)
6. Orange OR120
7. Bogner Shiva or XTC (looking for the fat, chewy hot rodded marshall tone that can also get into some more modern high gain without losing the vintagey tone)

So does anyone else have anything they'd like to get done?

I'm planning to send off some modules to get modded by Rob. Really interested in the Ubersonic, Hammerhead, and Cali-Lead. Eventually I'd like to get an SL2X, or perhaps Jeff will come out of retirement and mod again.

I too think the hammerhead looks like an amazing module unfortunately I predominantly do blues, classic rock, and the occasional pop and country so I don't use tons of high gain. Hence my reasoning for trying to use something in the Shiva or XTC vein. I'd have the familiar plexi-ish voice but the ability to go heavy if needed.

that list is great. i can;t wait to see them. I'm starting to get interested in some additional mods. I've fallen out of interest with the Synergy. My go-to modder can do anything

Please share your process if you can

Yeah I've just decided to go after my favorite amps and some less common choices.

I'd love to check out synergy but seems like it'll be a long time coming. Definitely intrigued by 65amps doing mods

I expect any brand names doing mods will pretty much be following the same schematics and adjusting from there. I don't expect miles ahead. Not that it won;t be cool

Yeah Jaded Faith and Salvation in my experience seem like they could do as well or surpass the quality of synergy with their work.

And to me the randall platform is definitely the lowest price of admission compared to egnater or synergy. And with some tweaks and mods may outperform them all. I'm gonna have Rob do mercury magnetics transformers later this year and probably have him kinda tune my head more in the vintage/boutique direction for response, feel and tone. To get the most out of my personal module collection.

The fact that within reason Rob and Anthony respectively can turn just about any amp into a module and nail the essence of those amps is nothing short of spectacular. Since to me at least while not always bad the stock modules leave a bit to be desired. Though to be fair many stockers were designed as interpretations of classic and modern amps.

The one benefit to having amp makers helping/affiliated with synergy is that they would have access to more schematics typically and would be getting credit for their designs (not really a benefit per se to the end user) but definitely something that might keep the game going longer and healthier for the industry as all parties have something to gain. And perhaps it may evolve the modular platform.

Matt

I'm very curious about this as well it just seems that what can be done currently almost defies the expectations of the modular platform. It is truly remarkable how much can be done in the confines of MTS in the right hands.

At one point I had almost everything in my collection....because most mods had something of value to bring to the table, yeah having >$10k tied up in mods was kinds fun, if a little alarming....all I see is Synergy adding to the pallet and hopefully keeping something in production for a while longer.

Randall is already vintage gear, as is Egnater....at some point the modders will stop production....so it's good the have Synergy as an option.

JKD said:
Randall is already vintage gear, as is Egnater....at some point the modders will stop production....so it's good the have Synergy as an option.

The music scene in CZ is way different than it is in the US, UK or AU. Anthony isn't going to stop making mods for a very long time yet. **** is in full swing over there.

No plans to stop on any fronts....Still plenty of viable donors leftover, sure at some point they'll run out, but not anytime soon... :) Synergy might very well be making future Salvation donors as we speak.... ;) I say this jokingly, but people are never fully happy with their mods...I've found when a mod gets close to a person's tone in their head, they want it modded closer and taken to extremes...Anthony can make everything sound better..

Mattfig said:
No plans to stop on any fronts....Still plenty of viable donors leftover, sure at some point they'll run out, but not anytime soon... :) Synergy might very well be making future Salvation donors as we speak.... ;) I say this jokingly, but people are never fully happy with their mods...I've found when a mod gets close to a person's tone in their head, they want it modded closer and taken to extremes...Anthony can make everything sound better..

been expecting this to happen all along. My bet is sooner than later, if they make it to market sooner