Any Love For The Salvation Legend?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham Pearson

Reaction score
I'm considering adding a Salvation Legend to my RM4 stable for lead work. My band plays classic rock covers such as Steely Dan, Police, Cars, Peter Gabriel. No metal so I'm NOT looking for a heavy overdrive sound.

Will the Legend be a good fit for lead work? Thanks for your input.

I was just looking at that one myself Graham. I ordered several other modules and decided to hold off on getting it but.. I'm pretty sure leads is ALL that module will do. Pretty sure it can't do anything but leads.

I'm not sure what Modules you have but (out of the modules that I own) the Mash-All+ is good for leads and the Salvado dlx is also good.

I was guessing the Legend was going to beat both of those out from what I was seeing/hearing, but I'm already spending too much this month on gear heh

If you get one come back and let me know how it works out? ;)

drewiv talked me out of the Legend and into an S1S0, but then in the end I didn't end up ordering that one either.

Hi CT, thanks for your response. Currently, I have the following modules in my 4 RM4 slots:

1. Stock Randall Clean - believe it or not, I prefer this clean module to all those I've tried. It's great for Mark Knopfler Strat clean tones.

2. Salvation C-Watt - I use this mostly for crunchy rhythms.

3. Jaded Faith OD Special - a warm overdrive for blues-type leads. This is the older version of the OD Special, not the OD2.

4. Stock Ultra XL - I use this with the guitar tone pot all the way off and out-of-phase pickups. Very interesting "squeely" lead tone for songs like Peter Gabriel's "Sledgehammer" and Steve Winwood's "Roll With It".

I have several stock modules I'm not using right now so I have some suitable donors for the Salvation Legend. If I get a Legend, it will probably replace the Ultra XL.

I had a one. If you want a Carvin Legend or Steve Vai tone, then it's exactly what you need. It has insane liquid high gain tone, very very smooth, much smoother than even an SLO, but can also sound like a ballsy 800.

I bought it strictly as a Lead module and it did the job. Though the Camerock and Custom 3 did it much better, so it went.

Cool mod, but can't say i miss it much, or that any modded XTC module would pretty much give you the same and much more!

In your case, since you're not looking for extreme high gain, then it might just be what you're looking for. The Camerock / Custom 3 are much more high gain, but I will say the Camerock / Ecstasy are better all round modules. Looking at your rig, I'd say a Marshall based preamp is what you're missing, and either of the latter will be a great addition.

Hey BoB, thanks for your advice.

The SoundCloud sample on the Salvation Legend page is the kind of sound I'd like to emulate:
https://soundcloud.com/salvation-mods/salvation-mods-legend-module

Do you think the Camerock or some other Salvation mod can get close to this Legend sample and provide more flexibility than the Legend?

Graham Pearson said:
1. Stock Randall Clean - believe it or not, I prefer this clean module to all those I've tried. It's great for Mark Knopfler Strat clean tones.
I had one of these but I never used it much
Graham Pearson said:
3. Jaded Faith OD Special - a warm overdrive for blues-type leads. This is the older version of the OD Special, not the OD2.
I have 2 of these (and they are slightly different). I love them both.
I put them in a RM50 and use 1 for cleans and the other 1 dirty. One of the better JF modules I own. Makes for a really nice 50w head.
Graham Pearson said:
4. Stock Ultra XL - I use this with the guitar tone pot all the way off and out-of-phase pickups. Very interesting "squeely" lead tone for songs like Peter Gabriel's "Sledgehammer" and Steve Winwood's "Roll With It".
I liked this module more than any other stocker I've owned, but I just sent mine to Anthony (along w several other stock modules) to turn it into a Mamba.
I'd take both the Mash-all+ and the Salvado dlx over the UltraXL any day though.

You should talk to drewiv. If he doesn't chime in here you should send him a PM. He's owned a module or two so says his sig LoL

Here's what he said to me in a pm while I was trying to decide on the Legend.

drewiv said:
It is a great liquid lead tone, but decided to keep my Jaded Faith SLO module for my ultimate lead tone among others. The Salvation S1S0 is also a favorite. I liked it, but ended up using it very little. Very Vai-like and ended up not being my cup o' tea.

I'm kind of hoping you get the Legend. Id like to hear what you think about it after you get it.

I sent Anthony 3 donors. I didn't end up getting a Legend, but I was really tempted to buy it out right as a 4th module. I did a lot of looking/listening etc trying to decide. It seems like a great module, but it also seems very limited in what it can do. I bet the 1 thing it does it probably does very well though.