Faulty Module

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortlife

Reaction score
I just picked up a couple of stock modules off Ebay for donors. One of them is an UltraXL that is only outputting at a very very low volume.
I tried swapping out the tubes, but that was not the issue.

I am just wondering if anyone knows what may be wrong with it?

Cheers

See my post about the module not seating. Try playing a chord and let it ring. Push on the top of the module and see if it gets louder while the chord is ringing.

ricky said:
See my post about the module not seating. Try playing a chord and let it ring. Push on the top of the module and see if it gets louder while the chord is ringing.

It does not seem to be an issue with seating the module.
I will try replacing the H1F11 and see if that does the trick.

Capt_Tippy said:
why not just ship it back?

I cant be bothered, the module was dirt cheap and I think the cost of fixing it should be a lot less than the price of P&P

I've had modules do this due to completely screwed up pots as well though..worth checking they all turn and change value with a multimeter if you can.

I assume the part everyone is talking about is the Optocoupler though..had one module do that to me too.

JKD said:
I've had modules do this due to completely screwed up pots as well though..worth checking they all turn and change value with a multimeter if you can.

I assume the part everyone is talking about is the Optocoupler though..had one module do that to me too.

I will give that ago too.

Cheers.