Eventide H3000

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prickstein

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm on the hunt for a new effects unit to complement my RM4/RT2/50.
I've got a lend of a Lexicon MPX G2 for a bit and I'm about to try it out but in the back of mind, I keep thinking about the Eventide H3000 that all my favourite players use to have in their racks in the 90's.
Living in Australia as I do, there are not too many H3000's to try out so I'm seeing if many people here have had the chance to play through one, and if so what they thought of it.
Are they obselete compared to today's technology? Are there much cheaper new units around today that pull the sounds that made the unit famous?
I've also heard there is an issue with loading times when switching presets. How did players get around this back in the day?
Thanks in advance,
Rick

Rick,
I dont have much hands on experience with a H3000, but I,like you, know many of my faves used one for years. But this I can say: They hold a high value here in the US. I tried to buy one about 6months ago and I couldnt find one, and when I did they werent much cheaper even though they have been out for years.
Guys I spoke to,who i trust, said there is no real substitute..unless you have even MORE money for the H4000 and the even newer model (I think its the EDison..if memory serves.
Anyway, I checked out your myspace msuic..REALLY,REALLY good. I am impressed. I like the production, the writing on the ballad (Scent of a Woman), the the performances..you should be proud. really great stuff.
-Do you collaborate with anyone long distance???

Thanks for the kind words George, I was starting to lose faith in my own ability to pull off a solo original project like this. Comments like yours help me to raise my game and put in the time I need to finish stuff. I've got a lot more songs half done that I need to finish. The two songs I've got up are worlds apart stylistically and the others help tie it all together.
I'm open to collaborations and the long distance thing doesn't really matter now with the current state of technology.
Check out my myspace again in a couple of weeks, I should have some new ones up.
Back to the Eventide thing, due to the load time between program changes, I'm thinking perhaps one of their new stompboxes would probably do the trick for me.

Rick,
I really do mean to encourage you. You have the sensibilities to make a real career for yourself. I am not lieing to you.
Most guys can't make music good enough to compete. But thats not your problem.
I have lots of music and heard lots of music...I really think you need to put in the time and finish the work. Don't play editor yet..just get it down as best you can. Later when you have 24 songs or so... then you can be picky and remove the songs that werent outstanding.
Like Mark twai said "If I would have had more time,
I would have written a shorter book"
get it? The art is revealed after the master editing.
Keep it up. And if you are interested, go to my site Barragestudios.net and see what I have done. There are lots of clips there. That site is coming down soon, so check em out now.
The more rock oriented stuff is more like what I enjoy doing live..but in truth I created all of what you hear...every note and every piece.
I can do better now, and am interested in collaborating with someone who has high standards like you.
Check it out and lets talk.
and cut me sone slack..the stuff is like 1 or more years old.