Mandarine Graphic Lovers....

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm trying to help a customer decide on a mod and feel like I might push the Mandarine Graphic too hard as it's my fave module...

Can you guys chime in and explain the tone?

How but you dual Graphic owners? You still liking it???

Thanks all...

Mattfig

If Jace chimes in do the opposite of what he says and you'll be gtg ;)

Also that Mattfig guy is kinda a jerk, so watch out, he might be tryin to unload some junk he cant get rid of..

Mattfig said:
Capt_Tippy said:
If Jace chimes in do the opposite of what he says and you'll be gtg ;)

Also that Mattfig guy is kinda a jerk, so watch out, he might be tryin to unload some junk he cant get rid of..

Must you do these shenanigans? 8)

HaHa :lol: :lol: :lol:

The word that comes to mind is "blocky". It crunches up like a British amp should, but the voicing is lower in the mids than a Marshall, and it ends up sounding big and weighty. It's on the dark side, but it still has sparkle on top. Great module.

Whoopysnorp said:
The word that comes to mind is "blocky". It crunches up like a British amp should, but the voicing is lower in the mids than a Marshall, and it ends up sounding big and weighty. It's on the dark side, but it still has sparkle on top. Great module.

Interesting and accurate description....I think the FAC switch kinda moves the block up and down then? If I'm getting what you're saying...

Mattfig said:
Whoopysnorp said:

Interesting and accurate description....I think the FAC switch kinda moves the block up and down then? If I'm getting what you're saying...

fairly accurate for the 50R as well. a boost pedal such as the Blues Driver or other with a mid boost or treble boost will get it immediately to brighter crunch and super saturated liquid while retaining that heft

speaking of the 50R, perhaps Orange in general

don't know about the Graphic, though. in the 80s there was a bong called Grafix, I think

Mattfig said:

Precisely.

My bass player described my OR-120 clone MTS preamp as "chewy"!

They're mid-heavy, though the tonestack is active so if you want more of a scooped tone you crank up the bass and treble, then use the FAC to control the low end.

Great with Fanes and/or Greenbacks, one of my favorites as well.

djdayson said:

They're mid-heavy, though the tonestack is active so if you want more of a scooped tone you crank up the bass and treble, then use the FAC to control the low end.

Would love to hear some clips of your work....It always sounds very interesting!

Sorry, don't get here to often anymore.

Clips, well, they're kind of pointless when you consider that the tone is a combination of...

...pick, fingers, strings, guitar, pups, preamp, power amp, cab(s), speaker(s), mic(s) or IR, mic preamp(s), plus any FX and the room tone, console/studio FX, and even the guitar cord in some cases LOL (cheap coil cords)!

The preamp is typically less of the total tone equation than the cab/speaker/mic/guitar and pups alone.

The MTS preamps we've built all follow the original amp's schematic as much as possible, within the limitations of MTS (chassis V1a, post cathode follower, and the gain staging required because of those etc.)

If there's anything specific you'd like to hear I'll see what I can do (specify the whole chain etc)?

Mattfig said:
djdayson said:

Would love to hear some clips of your work....It always sounds very interesting!