Tweaker question

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anomaly

Reaction score
Got this little 15 watts Amp a couple of weeks ago, Love it!!! Question, is this amp fixed bias? which power tubes could be used on this amp? where can I find info on the preamps V1-V3? thanks!

Bias terms are funny. Fixed bias means you actually have to adjust the bias. Cathode bias is where you just plug and play. The Tweaker is plug and play and you can use 6l6's and EL34's and probably some other octal based tubes like a KT77.

The manual should have pre amp tube stuff. Check out Egnateramps.com and maybe there is some info there.

Buckeyedog said:
Bias terms are funny. Fixed bias means you actually have to adjust the bias. Cathode bias is where you just plug and play. The Tweaker is plug and play and you can use 6l6's and EL34's and probably some other octal based tubes like a KT77.

The manual should have pre amp tube stuff. Check out Egnateramps.com and maybe there is some info there.

The manual doesn't say anything about the tubes both preamp & power.
So I could just plug any octal(?) based tubes? how about el84?

EL84 is nine pin, so no go. Unless you get some Yellow Jacket converters.

Pre amps are basically V1 is closest to the input jack. The PI is closest to the power tubes. Just have fun swapping those around.

These things always make me wonder: why aren't all amps auto biasing?
(with maybe the option of tweaking how hot/cold it should be)

I guess it is technically challenging, otherwise it would've been done.