Shipping to salvation from USA?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warmachine67

Reaction score
This may have been covered in the past, but I can't find it with the search feature.

Does anybody (besides motor city :) ) have experience shipping their modules directly to salvation from the USA?

I haven't shipped internationally before, but am taking the plunge since I have 4 donors.

I am not sure what to expect from import duties going out and coming back, etc or any other unexpected things that might happen with customs.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Antonin had specific instructions when I shipped to him, low $value and marked as used guitar parts...otherwise he will get hit with a stack of charges.

I have not been hit with customs fees on the return journey (yet)

I appreciate your reply.

Good to hear you didn't have any customs coming back.

I emailed him with a general inquiry and he mentioned how to value it on the customs form, like you said. He also said to use priority mail and it will come back via FedEx.

One more weird question if you don't mind since you have done it before :). Will Antonin provide a more 'americanized' version of the shipping address? I see the one on his website but don't have faith that my local post office will understand.

I'm waiting for a reply for a price quote and don't really want to bog him down with a bunch of newbie questions since he takes a few days to get back.

Anyways, many thanks again.

I lived in Europe and I can't read Eastern European postal addresses still....lol

I think as long as it all goes on the label you put on the package you will be good, then do your best to fill it in on the customs form.

I emailed hom to confirm format of address first..but it was along time ago.

Just send it to the "exact" address that he tells you to and value it and etc "exactly" as he said to. The problem is going to be... since you have multiple modules they will probably get stuck in customs in CZ. Anthony will get them out. He has a lot of experience with it. He may transfer you some money so that he can show that he purchased them from you (worst case scenario) Coming back I have always been hit with fee's. I don't remember how much, but its never been a super amount. They deliver the modules and then later down the road I get the bill from fedex asking for the fee's. I think once I paid them, and once I didn't. I don't know what would happen if you don't pay the fee's. Personally my feeling is, **** the fee's... gtfo of my life! LoL I'm really not even sure why you should have to, but I know they always send me the **** bill. Fucking government (on both sides of the water) buncha assholes... ;) Anyways just do what Anthony tells you to do.

Thanks for that reply. I was wondering if multiple modules might complicate it a bit. I got hit with customs fees u described many years ago on a guitar and it was a bitter pill. **** sandwich to be frank.

Mattfig has reached out to me and I may go with motorcitymods.

It would be a few dollars cheaper overall dealing only with salvation, but I would like to make it as easy as possible on Antonin since he is only one of two modders left making modules greater.

yes if Matt has what you want, you may as well just go with him. Couple bucks either way, not worth the hassles. Anthony doesn't mind, but to be honest the last few times I've dealt with him he's been really busy. He promised me he'd be done by "date" and then when "date" was getting close he hadn't even started... He sent me an email and had no idea what modules I wanted or what he was supposed to make for me. I straightened him out on the order, and he got it right, and the modules were excellent, and he's generally an awesome guy, but... he's really busy is my point. If Matt has what you want Id just get them from him.

If MCM mods has what you want in stock, order from Matt...get it quicker \m/

I agree with the last two posts. Unless you want to wait several months, go with Matt or the used market. Prices on used modules are very very low right now.

bnorton4 said:
Prices on used modules are very very low right now.

You are correct, that's how my whole thing started :). The used market is highway robbery right now. Guess it pays off for me being late to the party.

Discouraging to hear some of the stories and wait time lengths that are a possibility. Guess that goes with being late to the party too.

Salvation mods have been my preference but I have had a few things done by Jaded Faith and communication and turn around times are much better. Also I haven't tried any of Jaded faiths most recent line of mods.

warmachine67 said:
Discouraging to hear some of the stories and wait time lengths that are a possibility. Guess that goes with being late to the party too.

Its not really that bad. Hopefully you didn't get "discouraged" from my post. Anthony is busy, but he cares about his customers. He's in a different country, so a little wait time is to be expected. Also he's only one guy, and ... well do you want speed or quality? I've never been "discouraged" by my transactions with Anthony, but sometimes they require a little patience... well worth it. However my point was.... If Matt has what you want, you can have it like Boom! so....

It's all good :). My donors r heading to Matt for donor credit and he will handle the rest of it getting them from salvation.

If I had to do all of the working with salvation, I would since mts is the direction I'm in right now. The mods have replaced my boogies, marshalls, fenders, and diezel and now I have so much more room :). Plus I got to see what bogners, Salvado, and Framus sounds like without having to mortgage the house.

With the decline of mts, I sort of have this weird fear that the two modders that are left will finally not be able to find it worth doing anymore, then I'll have to wait on the used market. I hope that day doesn't come, but it seems a possibility.

I have several on the way to jaded faith also and have had rob mod several for me. He does awesome work, just hope the mod market will be enough to keep him doing it.

I've bought several from MCM direct and couple for Salvation direct

Matt has gone to bat for me on a couple of modules, provides a great service.

We'll have this order turned around in a couple weeks....Customs is always sketchy but it's a safe estimate....

Thanks to the guys going to bat for MCM....We are just mod enthusiasts who want to make Salvation Mods more accessible in the US...Slowly but surely, that is happening...

Cheers,
Mattfig