T/D Module Tone and Tube Question

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

451stroker

Reaction score
Several years ago, I bought a used Mod 50 with T/D and SL2 modules. I love the SL2, but I have trouble getting a really thick, non-distorted clean tone on channel 1 of the T/D. Is this module capable of a thick, clean tone? I just came across this old video of Billy Gibbons sitting in with Les Paul jamming to a standard. I love the thick, clean tone he's getting in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3egBlDjMWtc

I've had the amp serviced and the tubes were changed, but I can't get a thick, non-distorted clean tone. Channel 1 on the T/D breaks up pretty early on and i can almost get a slight fuzz effect if I turn the gain up.

Any advice on how to achieve a tone like in the above video link would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

My dual channel T/D works fine : channel one stays clean up to the end, plus you can get a thick sound with the bass switch, and channel two behaves like a deluxe : starts to overdrive from 12/2 o'clock (depending on pickups) on the gain knob ... About your channel one : if not a tube, then probably a component issue ?