My Randall Mini Stack

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TruckerBilly

Reaction score
Hi everybody !
I picked this up on craigslist a few months ago ,this thing is a little beast but I can't find any information about it anywhere any help would be great thanks

Randall SS 50 watt head with 2 1X12 Jaguar cabinets 1 slat 1 straight with a hardrock faceplate in the bottom right corner
link to photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/bdr3sd/RANDALL50Watt2X1X12?authkey=Gv1sRgCLrqwPLI0dLUIA&feat=directlink

In the 80's I had myself a Randall RG80 combo amp. I'm very much intrigued by your mini stack here. I've never seen anything like it!

Yup,
as a kid growing up I only knew you wanted randall for gain and getting loud
I was always a Marshall or Vox guy depending on the sound I was going for recently I'd been think about picking up a Marshall Micro stack Mg15 for in my office because my AC30 and Marshall Valvestate 100 half stack had to be to loud for me to get the to the tone I'd like when practicing , I saw this and thought what the hell, much to my surprise I'm very impressed with this little guy. I can run a single 12 at super low volume and get great sound . and it's by no means a straight rock / metal beast. I play my semi hollow through it either clean or with some gain and it sounds awesome. then a buddy comes over and plugs into my half stack I run this guy and it stays right with the Marshall with out breaking a sweat. currently all my other AMP's are forsaken !!!

Hey Billy..
Nice looking mini-stack you've scored there.

From what I know, these small sized, lightweight, simple structured amps were first built around 1989; in head format as the RG-150, combo format as the RG-150 HARDROCK

randallrg-1283100091-25902.jpg

Then it was re-introduced around the early 92, in a combo format as the Century 1000 / C1000, head format as the Century 100 / C100.. there are also C100II / C1000II models that may be the precise model, I'm not sure.. if you search & get lucky you might find some related info on these..

But beware, while filling in RG-150 in a search bar, keep in mind there are;
> 80's RG150ES/XP : being the 100ES, but with higher output..
> 95' Post-Washburn RG150 : being the early Cyclone, Warhead
> 02' G2 series RH150/RG150's : limited camo tolexed heads..
> 06' G3/G3+ series RH150/RG150's : hybrid heads & combos..

You do not want to mix your model code with these, try adding words like HARDROCK next to it.. I wish I could help more.. good luck & see you around! ;)

http://www.harmonycentral.com/products/116802
This is all I could find...
:(

I know it's been many years, but does anyone have a picture of the head? I picked up a rockstack cabinet and cannot find anything about the head.