anyone out there using the original egnater modules?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

king tone

Reaction score
I don't have enough posts to put anything in the classifieds like WTB yet but are there a lot of you guys out there using the original mod50 or m4 with egnater modules? Not the JF or salvation stuff, the original dual ones from Bruce. I can't seem to find any for sale...

I've got a load - they are all great and get pretty close to the tone they are going for IMHO. That said my Jaded Faith mods tend to win the day most of the time :)

Ones that get regular play are the EG 3/4, MHG, COD and Erect!

I'm using a MOD50 as well - sounds great!

If you can't find any 2nd hand Bruce might make you up some - he was still doing them a year or two ago - his email should be on here if you search for it.

Speaking of Bruce's modules, a simple google search doesn't bring much up.

I'm a little late in the game and missed his stuff all together and only remember the Randall modules. I've been trying to do some research and haven't found a whole lot.

What do some of the names mean d/d, eg5, mhg etc?

What were some of the other ones or how many were there total?

What years did he make them? I guess they were all made in the USA?

Zaphod said:
Yep! I am using an M4 with D/D, VX, COD, and SL2 modules. My power amp is a Randall RT 2/50 with reduced-output power section tubes.

what do you mean by reduced output tubes? I've been looking for a solution. Thanks

warmachine67 said:
Speaking of Bruce's modules, a simple google search doesn't bring much up.

I'm a little late in the game and missed his stuff all together and only remember the Randall modules. I've been trying to do some research and haven't found a whole lot.

What do some of the names mean d/d, eg5, mhg etc?

What were some of the other ones or how many were there total?

What years did he make them? I guess they were all made in the USA?

From Bruce:

Bassman (Like a 4x10 Bassman. Beautiful, warm clean to approx. JCM800 gain)
VX (Vox AC30)
SL (moderate to fairly hot Marshall=clean to AC/DC)
SL2 (takes over where the SL leaves off. Fairly hot to way high gain Marshall)
SL2X (Tighter and brighter version of the SL2)
T/D (Twin/Deluxe. Really clean Twin on 'A' to pushed Deluxe on 'B')
COD (California-Over-Drive. Our take on the singing, strong midrange Mk11C/Dumble-ish thing)
Erect (Dual Rectifier)
EG3/4 (Channels 3 and 4 from the TOL amps and IE4 preamp from long ago. Smooth, singing with tons of gain)
EG5 (A tighter and brighter version of the EG3/4)
MHG (Modern High Gain) Mid scooped, quite high gain, very aggressive.

The clean modules could be customised so a D/D is a deluxe on both channels.

Certainly Bruce was still making them a few (2?) years ago - I don't know if synergy changes that or not but you can email him and ask! They were all made in the USA.

Link to the original post is here:

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=123035

Thanks so much. Good stuff.

That's actually a very fair price considering they are duals and made in Detriot by Bruce.

warmachine67 said:
Thanks so much. Good stuff.

That's actually a very fair price considering they are duals and made in Detriot by Bruce.

I agree - I've had everything on that list and still have most of them - one of two got modded along the way into other things by Rob at Jaded Faith.

With the right preamp module and the correct power section some of them are very convincing indeed!

Us my VX and alternate between SL2, EG3/4 and EG5 every day.

I only have one original right now - COD, because it's just different to almost everything that is out there.

The only reason I don't still have a VX, EG3/4, EG5 and SL2 though is because I sold them back when decent money could be had for them....needed the money for guitars :)

The Egnater modules do show up on eBay from time to time. I have a T/D that I snagged off eBay a while back. My platform is the Randall RM100LB with the no longer available Egnater dual channel upgrade kit. I used to have the Egnater SL (also purchased off eBay) but sold it while awaiting the Synergy stuff to come out (was invoiced his week, Synergy SLO and BE are on the way). I like the TD and plan to keep it but it is cool that the Synergy version has two separate three channel EQs rather than one like the original. I just looked on eBay, don't see any active Egnator module auctions right now, but looking in the "sold" auctions, an M4 w/ five modules sold a few days ago

Still use the Mod50, with a syn2. All Egnater modules: D/D, Bassman, AC, EG3/4.thinkingof letting all but the Syn2 go. Beastly VHT2 90 2 too. use the Syn2 for recoding ideas.

I have a handful of them. Good sounding modules for sure. That being said, mine are working their way towards donation right now.

Still rock the COD, is unique amongst the many Marshall/MESA clones and tones. \m/

Yep,
Still have the T/D, BMan and SL2X
Also had VX, COD, EG5, and MHG (sold them to buy other gear, unfortunately one cannot always keep every piece of gear out there ...)
T/D and BMan : Fender clean / blues epitome
SL2X : Marshall Jubilee flavored, straight in your face
VX : typical Vox tonestack
COD : midrange Dumble/Mesa sound, what a module ... (sold it to buy a Jaded Faith dual MachX, but still miss it somehow)
EG5 and MHG : Lots of gain, EG5 very bright, MHG scooped - not useful for me - prefer my dual Salvation MashAll+ and Salvado Deluxe