Facebook

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[/quote]

These modules change hands A LOT and when you get one and it sucks, you blame the modder. How else can you guarantee someone else didn't get their hands in there? When you put your name on something, your putting your name on the line.
:?[/quote]

Do you buy a used Ford and assume it's the same as it came off the line at Ford's?

...and no I'm not trying to start a fight Marco...as you have always come across as a good guy....with hands blessed to play the guitar. lol

Matt...his videos played a big part in JF's sales back in the day. I bet the income from that far out weighs the free mods that were done.

JD said:
Do you buy a used Ford and assume it's the same as it came off the line at Ford's?

We're more on the buddy system here so we pretty much expect what the seller says they're selling. Right?

JD said:
...and no I'm not trying to start a fight Marco...as you have always come across as a good guy....with hands blessed to play the guitar. lol

:D

MarcoR said:
JD said:

We're more on the buddy system here so we pretty much expect what the seller says they're selling. Right?

JD said:

:D

agreed.
and that means if Matt was screwing people over we would hear about it. Now we have Rob saying Matt is screwing people over and then deleting Matt's response to that. The situation is sad really.

I've been in the MTS line since early 2000.
The first mods I had done was Pete at Gigmods (still have them).
back then Jaded was just getting into MTS and the samples I heard never really sounded that appealing to me.

Then Salvation broke into the scene, what a revelation :!: They were more expensive mostly do to shipping but they were worth it. (I have 4 of them).

Then I noticed the Jaded's mod's (which became Much better) were oddly similar to what Salvation had to offer.

So for Jaded to complain about what other moder's do when he clearly (my opinion that I've kept to myself for years so I don't rustle any feathers) has copied Anthony's work is rather sad and hypocritical.:roll:

And to tolerate having someone call the Fig a douche after The Fig has done tons videos to promote Jaded's modules is outrages.

So I guess I have to sell the Jaded module and get me a Motor City one.

As Marco said, goop isn't all about turning your back to the audience so they can't see what you're hands are doing. It's often about tamper prevention & brand protection. If someone's first experience with your product is after someone has significantly altered it, then their lasting impression is of a product that just isn't very good. Most people won't what the untouched work looked like or have the technical knowledge to see if it has been messed with and so wouldn't know if there had been any changes from original. They may wonder why everyone is praising this particular product when it clearly sounds pretty crappy.

Rob hasn't always gooped his mods. I bought two from him and one secondhand in the forum and none of them have goop. So the gooping is a recent development in response to something he considered a problem.

As for ALL pedal manufacturers freely sharing information and not gooping, Marco just provided a conspicuous example of a "high end" manufacturer doing it. They were frauds, but many legitimate manufacturers also do it to protect their intellectual property.

And then some manufacturers make fun of the whole gooping issue

MegalithDeltagutshotsmall.jpg

LRStrat said:
I've been in the MTS line since early 2000.
The first mods I had done was Pete at Gigmods (still have them).
back then Jaded was just getting into MTS and the samples I heard never really sounded that appealing to me.

Then Salvation broke into the scene, what a revelation :!: They were more expensive mostly do to shipping but they were worth it. (I have 4 of them).

Then I noticed the Jaded's mod's (which became Much better) were oddly similar to what Salvation had to offer.

So for Jaded to complain about what other moder's do when he clearly (my opinion that I've kept to myself for years so I don't rustle any feathers) has copied Anthony's work is rather sad and hypocritical.:roll:

And to tolerate having someone call the Fig a douche after The Fig has done tons videos to promote Jaded's modules is outrages.

So I guess I have to sell the Jaded module and get me a Motor City one.

The early samples you heard when Jaded Faith was first modding may not have been very good. But plenty of people since then have bought & praised Rob's work alongside their modules from other modders. And there have been loads of great sounding clips produced by members of the forum. Including Matt. But given this latest furore, they were all probably wrong.

What's particularly astounding is the notion that the improvement in Rob's mods could ONLY have come from reverse engineering Salvation modules. He has then parlayed the knowledge gleaned into a burgeoning amp repair/mod business. Whoda thunk that working out how someone else replicated the tone of an Engl or SLO clone on the MTS platform would give you the skills to troubleshoot a PA or a variety of guitar amps? And to be able to monetise those skills so quickly too. Quite a feat.

What's particularly astounding is the notion that the improvement in Rob's mods could ONLY have come from reverse engineering Salvation modules. He has then parlayed the knowledge gleaned into a burgeoning amp repair/mod business. Whoda thunk that working out how someone else replicated the tone of an Engl or SLO clone on the MTS platform would give you the skills to troubleshoot a PA or a variety of guitar amps? And to be able to monetise those skills so quickly too. Quite a feat.

Bill Gates built an empire from Q-DOS and Icons developed by Xerox.

I didn't say "ONLY reverse engineering Salvation mods"
Please re-read my original post.

What do I see? I see the only couple of surviving MTS businesses warring over an ever shrinking costumer base in a decaying marketshare... I became familiar with MTS only this year and I own 32 mods by both Salvation and JF... why?? Because I love the platform and love those modded modules... and because I know I have to get them before they disappear...

Having said that, I wish these companies were united trying to resurrect MTS instead of fighting over bread crumb...

I think both parties have said stuff in the heat of the moment and regretted it. If you noticed neither Fig nor Rob have said anything in some time. Out of sheer boredom this board takes sides and rips all parties without mercy. It's obvious after being on here awhile, that there's a huge undercurrent of fanboyism here. It no different that xbox/playstation arguments on the web...

My question is, has any of us personally been wrong by any of the parties. I've had nothing but great experiences with both Rob and Fig. It's their beef, let them settle it. Don't just pile on, because your "team" needs your supposed support.

lintycreep said:
I think both parties have said stuff in the heat of the moment and regretted it. If you noticed neither Fig nor Rob have said anything in some time. Out of sheer boredom this board takes sides and rips all parties without mercy. It's obvious after being on here awhile, that there's a huge undercurrent of fanboyism here. It no different that xbox/playstation arguments on the web...

My question is, has any of us personally been wrong by any of the parties. I've had nothing but great experiences with both Rob and Fig. It's their beef, let them settle it. Don't just pile on, because your "team" needs your supposed support.

You are missing the point, Jaded Faith Rob attacked Fig's integrity on FB and then will not allow Fig to defend himself. That's wrong. I don't take sides.

Yeah I get that and don't disagree. I'm not saying he shouldn't defend himself. I'm glad Fig did... I'm saying the other pot shots (from others) are unnecessary on here as well as on the Facebook page.

Mattfig said:
Basically Rob decided to say that I have attempted to steal his ideas and messed with his modules and then sold these messed up mods as "as new." No one EVER complained of this until Rob and until now taxi orly...This forum would be lit up if I did this and people would surely notice the shoddy solder jobs he claims I did...
Basically I am the reason for the black goop...

I posted this on FB but he deleted it!

I have my own biz to protect so I offer this much...Everything else between Rob and I is personal and I won't be going to that level.
Me when I do something, I compare before calling a professional. This is to avoid bumpy jobs.