Website is up

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caine

Reaction score
The website has been launched

http://www.synergyamps.com

I see the website says that the "Marshall" knock-off modules ("Synergy 800" and "Plexi") were designed by Friedman.

I'm guessing the Fenders are the only remaining Egnater design as they still feature the D/S switching from his last run of modules:

DUAL<>SINGLE SLIDE SWITCH:

The T/DLX module includes a switch used to allow the new Synergy modules to be used in older single channel Egnater and Randall modular amps/preamps that do not accept the dual channel modules. This allows access to either of the module channels when that slot is turned on. You will still not be able to switch between the two channels due to the limitations of the older hardware. You can set it so either module channel one or module channel two will turn on when the slot is selected. Set to Dual when using the module in units that have the switching circuit to access both modules. If you are using a single channel only amp/preamp, setting to DUAL will make the bottom module channel active. Set to Single will cause the top channel of the module to come on when selected.

trimix said:
I'm guessing the Fenders are the only remaining Egnater design as they still feature the D/S switching from his last run of modules:

DUAL<>SINGLE SLIDE SWITCH:

The T/DLX module includes a switch used to allow the new Synergy modules to be used in older single channel Egnater and Randall modular amps/preamps that do not accept the dual channel modules. This allows access to either of the module channels when that slot is turned on. You will still not be able to switch between the two channels due to the limitations of the older hardware. You can set it so either module channel one or module channel two will turn on when the slot is selected. Set to Dual when using the module in units that have the switching circuit to access both modules. If you are using a single channel only amp/preamp, setting to DUAL will make the bottom module channel active. Set to Single will cause the top channel of the module to come on when selected.

Is a shame this feature didn't make it onto a lot more of the modules but I think as many of them are the same on Ch A/B it's not necessary.

If they are the same on A/B what is the big benefit from dual modules, just to set a lead/rhythm tone from the same module? How do you see/adjust the knobs in that case, or know where anything was set.

Are you saying only some of the modules can be used on a single channel Egnater m4? I thought all modules had an internal switch at least.

Also it seems that every module pretty much has the same knobs, it would be nice to see them customize it to match the real amp like the Salvation modules do. Even the Friedman pedals seem to have more knobs than modules, can it reproduce the same (well better) tones? Hopefully.

All of the modules can be used in the single channel Egnater and Randall MTS systems but you will only be able to access one of the channels. The Synergy Fender modules have the option of selecting either channel prior to inserting them into your amp, but you cannot switch between the channels with a footswitch like you can with dual channel capable platforms. The advantage of having dual channels is the same as the original Engater dual modules--you can have different gain and volume settings on the two channels and switch between them with a footswitch. The new TD, BMAN and Diezal modules also have separate EQs. Channel 2 of the HBE has more gain.

chrismilne said:
Also it seems that every module pretty much has the same knobs, it would be nice to see them customize it to match the real amp like the Salvation modules do.

I imagine that all of the regular production modules will all have the same knobs, just as the Randall and Engater modules did, (except for the Randall Signature modules). The knobs are actually the same style that Friedman uses only smaller. I have already started customizing them myself. I am keeping the smaller OEM knobs for the gain and volume and I put the regular, larger size knobs that Friedman uses for the EQ on my BE module. I have also ordered the smaller size Soldano knobs - the knobs that are on the SLO slave pot. I already tried the regular front panel SLO knobs but they look too big on the module. The slave knobs are the same style, just a little smaller.

Caine said:
All of the modules can be used in the single channel Egnater and Randall MTS systems but you will only be able to access one of the channels. The Synergy Fender modules have the option of selecting either channel prior to inserting them into your amp, but you cannot switch between the channels with a footswitch like you can with dual channel capable platforms. The advantage of having dual channels is the same as the original Engater dual modules--you can have different gain and volume settings on the two channels and switch between them with a footswitch. The new TD, BMAN and Diezal modules also have separate EQs. Channel 2 of the HBE has more gain.

I've never owned/used a dual channel one. So there is not even an internal switch for the no-fender modules for the ones like the HBE that has a different gain structure? If i keep any MTS equipment i may sell my M4 then and get a Syn-1...but probably not any time soon.

The Synergy website reads (HBE) "Channel two carries a similar voice to channel one, while frothing with even more harmonically rich gain on tap" which implies that the two channels are not exactly the same (2, more gain)...

However, Dave Friedman just replied on his Rig Talk forum that the two channels are the same.

JKD said:
Is a shame this feature didn't make it onto a lot more of the modules but I think as many of them are the same on Ch A/B it's not necessary.

Yes, Synergy posted on Facebook that the switch is only on the modules where the two channels aren't the same.

On the BE and HBE, the two channels ARE identical. The only thing that switches are the gain and volume knobs. They do not have the DUAL>SINGLE switch inside because it would be redundant.

The Synergy website indicated that channel 2 of the HBE had more gain, but it was corrected after I posted about it on the Synergy Facebook page in a thread asking for feedback for the website--Bruce and Dave had both indicated the two channels are the same.