Egnater speaker cab?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricky

Reaction score
I got a Mod 50 head which is much cooler than my Randall stuff. I am looking for an Egnater 1X12 cab that would match up with the Mod50 in size. I think the rebels and/or tweakers are a little too small. Any ideas?

Maybe try an oversized Bogner Shiva 1x12? Not an exact match but might be close.

I haven't seen the Bogner stuff. The issues is that Egnater has such a distinctive color scheme that it is hard to match.

Hate to say it (it's not a 1x12), but the Tourmaster 212 cab is pretty much perfect for the Egnater modules.
I had one with my (previous) M4 / RT2-50 rig; covered a lot of ground, from clean to crunch to high gain.

I've got a Mojotone Select cab incoming to use with my MOD50; has similar dimensions, black tolex / salt/pepper grill cloth.

Egnater USA had a 1x12 that was perfect for the MOD platform but I can't remember who the vendor was......I bet that cab vendor still makes it.

I have that oversized Egnater 1x12 cab. I found it on E-Bay a few years ago. Sounds huge for a 1x12. The Mod50 sit perfectly on there. Currently I have a Celestion G12-65 in it and daisy chain to a Rebel 1x12 cab with a V30. They sound great together.

You might contact Bruce to see where he had them built.

Bruce is still trying to find out if mojo can still make them but he was waiting on them to let him know.

I finally spoke with the mojo people and they said that they can easily build one of those cabs. I want it to match my MOD 50 of course. Does anyone know what the originals looked like?

I got the MOD50 1X12 cab from mojotone as that is who Bruce said had the design still. What a wonderful cab! It sounds huge! I put an old JBL D120 in it and it sounds like I am using a 2X12 cab. And like someone said earlier, the MOD50 sits perfectly on top of it. I looks like it could hold 4 10s. Hmmmm....temptation......another cab?

The Cab was $450 and it has the egnater style tolex and grill cloth. You could probably get two 12s in there but I like the sound of the one twelve. I got tired of the weight of the RM50 combos so the and a MOD50 are much easier to lug around. PM me if you need anything more. I could give you my order number and that way if you order one they would have the dimensions on hand right away.

pm me and I can txt you a picture....It may be a week as it is in the rehearsal studio for a week.

As mentioned above, the Tourmaster 2x12 is a perfect match for the MOD50. Tolex and grill match perfectly, and the Celestion Elite 80s (basically CL80s) are really well balanced to maximise usability when using modules with different tonality (ie. Fender / Marshall).

The USA made 1x12 is a tiny bit smaller than the Chinese made Tourmaster 2x12, but is oversized and still quite large and heavy. It looks like it could easily fit a couple of 12" speakers if placed diagonally, and as mentioned above is big enough to be a 4x10" cab.

Another really good thing about the Tourmaster 2x12 is the removable back segment that lets you convert it between an open and closed back. That cab really does do it all and sounds fantastic in any configuration. And the removable wheels make it much easier to move around. Like any birch ply 2x12, it is very heavy.