the Mogan AC

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

withmittens

Reaction score
I hope this one really pulls off the AC30 sound.

I haven't found one that does, tried a few. so far the best is the Wampler Thirty Something pedal into an Orange style mod. This lacks that huge mid hump growl but hits it more than MTS.

I hope this one gets a demo, leaving the Brian May tone out. Edge of breakup Vox midrange growl is my hope

---or maybe it's lower mids, that smokey, throaty tone with jangle on top. so necessary

Reading the description of the AC20 kind of makes me wish I'd ordered one...LOL

withmittens said:
I dunno, the amp clips sound kind of thin

Maybe...but am also a fan of the VOX type tones too....there is a wide range from shimmery clean, through the jangly stuff, up to the overly boosted mid thing.

Lots of variables too....speakers going to have big influence right?

yeah, speakers will play a giant part in the tone. I really want a Heartbreakers-esque type of sound. I really love that rich throaty light crunch with top end. pretty tough to get.

withmittens said:
yeah, speakers will play a giant part in the tone. I really want a Heartbreakers-esque type of sound. I really love that rich throaty light crunch with top end. pretty tough to get.

Ditto that. I was never able to get that with the Egnater VX.
Closest I've come (pedal-wise, through my SRRI) has been either a Wampler CrankedAC (modified for more usable treble and less gain), or modified Clark Gainster/Menatone Red Snapper hybrid (they are quite similar circuits).

That said, I'm thinking a Ric or Tele is probably part of the equation, too. 8)

I really wanna hear the Morgan AC module...but not really wanting to spend another $400 right now ;-)

What I do not really understand (not being an AC30 owner).
Shouldn't such a module pickup the approach the Synergy Plexi has? The AC30 has different channels that can be mixed. I am missing this.