Diezel VH4 module demo

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godgrinder

Reaction score
Just got my SYN1 and VH4 module a few days ago, here's a quick clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOffO3H2hGQ

Power amp: Marshall 2203KK (through the fx return)
Cab: Soldano 4x12"
Speaker: Eminence Texas Heat
Recorded with Tascam DR-05
Reamped from Ola Englund DI tracks, taken from the deluxe version of Feared - Furor Incarnatus.

Nice! \m/

Quick question, is Ch A louder than Ch B at similar gain settings, assuming you have Ch masters set more or less the same like your video?

JKD said:
Quick question, is Ch A louder than Ch B at similar gain settings, assuming you have Ch masters set more or less the same like your video?

Yeah that's what it sounds like. Although I'm not sure if channel A is actually louder or is it just because it has more mids.

godgrinder said:
JKD said:

Yeah that's what it sounds like. Although I'm not sure if channel A is actually louder or is it just because it has more mids.

I think I have a problem with my module though, the B/M/T controls don't work at all on Ch B :-/

JKD said:
godgrinder said:
JKD said:

I think I have a problem with my module though, the B/M/T controls don't work at all on Ch B :-/

I just sent you a detailed PM, but the short version is that the tone controls don't seem to do anything on my VH4's second channel, either. Channel 2 also has noticeably more gain and volume, as well as a much more mid-forward tonality.

Does this track with other VH4 owners' experiences?

Rising Farce said:
godgrinder said:
The EQ controls on the channel B of mine definitely works...

Thanks for the info. I might have a problem as well, then.

Either that, or it's a Randall/ Synergy compatibility issue.

Well, mine behaves the same in my SYN2 or Mod 50 :-/

Both tone controls of the VH4 module work fine in my dual channel modded RM100. Maybe you can check that, when you receive your board in the next few days, Steve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hCgo-0gwDY

Made another clip.

0:00 Through power amp and cab
1:39 Internal cab sim direct

Power amp: Marshall 2203KK (through the fx return)
Cab: Soldano 4x12"
Speaker: Eminence Swamp Thang
Microphone: Shure SM7B

Song: Feared - Godless Devotion
Reamped from Ola Englund DI tracks, taken from the deluxe version of Synder.

Ripleyripley said:
Are the two VH4 channels voiced the same or is the red channel hotter?

Red channel is different to my ears, well..now that I had my module replaced.